What's new

Store apps wont update

jdanna

All of a sudden all my store apps wont update. They get stuck on "pending" or "downloading".
The furthest i've gotten is stuck at downloading 6% complete.

So far ive tried:
-reboot
-wsreset
-windows update troubleshooter
-renaming the softwaredistribution folder, and running the troubleshooter again to create a fresh one. (doing that is what got me to stuck at 6% instead of just pending)

My venue 8 doesnt seem to be having any store issues.
What else can i try? im totally stuck here

mcsenerd

I gave up on the stupid Windows Store. I spent countless hours on the phone with various MS Support teams trying to figure out why I cannot purchase apps on this Surface Pro 2. In the end, they wanted me to either replace the machine or completely restore it as a new computer, but this is the only thing that doesn't work for me and this is my main work machine so it just wasn't worth it. I'd love to say that I feel I'm missing a bunch...but I don't think so.

OP
J

jdanna

I use windows store apps all the time. Its never been a problem for me, until all of a sudden (it was a nexgen reader update) - nothing will update or install.
I'm not getting any errors or anything, it just hangs

mcsenerd

If you go into settings...can you sync the licenses to the apps? Is there any indication in the Windows Event Viewer of any issue? I might try restarting in diagnostic mode from MSCONFIG to see if that would help.

OP
J

jdanna

Sync licenses doenst throw any errors, and doesnt change anything.
Is there something i should do in diagnostic mode?

I tried booting into safe mode to delete the softwaredistribution folder and that didnt help

OP
J

jdanna

OK I got it fixed!

for some reason windows update wasnt showing me the latest - there was a whole set of windows 8.1 updates i needed that weren't showing up.

I uninstalled the most recent update (which was from 5/6), then refreshed windows update, and it blew up with 8.1 updates.
Ran those, reboot - and theres a whole new version of the store, and the updates all go thru instantly.