What's new

Store Never Works

spepi

When I open the store, I can search, but when I choose something, it will go to to the APP, I click to download, and then the store crashes

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, @spepi,

I assume you are using Windows 8.1 ?
Things to try:
1) Log out of your PC. Then restart. Log in to your account.
2) Try downloading the Store app itself.
3) Verify your registered credit card or payment instructions for Microsoft are correct

OP
S

spepi

I cant even get into the account settings of the store. I also tried wsreset.exe, which didnt work. Where can I find the store install itself?

OP
S

spepi

I am logging into a domain, so I am not using my MS account to log in. Do you think thats the issue? I restart my surface everyday, so I am logging in fresh every morning

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I am logging into a domain, so I am not using my MS account to log in. Do you think thats the issue? I restart my surface everyday, so I am logging in fresh every morning

I think that is indeed the problem. The Store is coordinated with your Microsoft account. You must be logged in and verified on your Windows 8.1 PC to use the Store.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The Store apps are installed per PC, not per domain. Remember that even 'free' apps have license restrictions. Even Windows itself essentially becomes an App. Windows is associated with machine ID numbers, and your account then coordinates you with that machine. At that point, apps may be purchased, for that machine.

However, you may install apps under an account, then use the apps from a domain sign-in.

joell85

Are you on a network with any restrictions? I run a pretty loose web filter here at work, but if I forget to exempt myself the app store becomes unusable.