What's new

Strange behavior after the last 2 updates

OP
M

Matthew Reimer

Confirmed that whole section of the screen is almost dead with the touch sensitivity. Called Microsoft and scheduled an appointment with their store for a replacement tomorrow

OP
M

Matthew Reimer

Swapped it out with a new one right out of the box. I wasn't in there 20 minutes. Very happy with their support and I do not have the microsoft warranty just square trade.

atsouch

I have the SP3 for a month. Everything was fine for me (including wifi access and sleep, suspend etc.) until the last firmware update. Now even if I close the lid for a second (or the device sleeps by itself), I need to long-press the power button and wait for 35-40 seconds to return to the previous state. AND, although the wifi connection seems to be "Connected", I always have to switch off and then on the wifi to reconnect properly. This happens with all my hotspots (old and new, linksys, tp-link, 2.5 and 5 GHz etc.) in different networks so it's not a compatibility problem.
There is clearly something broken with the new firmware. Both problems are related to the areas that were "touched" in this update. Shall we expect a new one soon?

After living for a while with this problem, I found the time to investigate it a little more and it is now SOLVED.
The problem wasn't connected to the firmware update but it appeared at the same period that I installed the new Visual Studio which has a Hyper-V add-on to support the Windows Phone SDK. Hyper-V has an incompatibility issue with the Connected Standby feature of the device and EVERYTHING was fixed (pen+onenote wakeup, return-from-standby time, wifi connection). Just follow the instructions here to disable Hyper-V:
http://winsupersite.com/mobile-devices/surface-pro-3-tip-hyper-v-vs-connected-standby
Have a happy new year and enjoy your Surface!

Nicola

I doubt the clicking is related to firmware. I've had it since day one (begin Sept) and it is still there...