Strange Fan noise from fan when slightly moving

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by klausd, Jun 13, 2015.

1. klausd

klausd New Member

Hi,

I have my Surface Pro 3 256gb i5 now for almost a year. During the last few months I got more and more problems. First, the yellow stripe become more visible. Then the touch screen started to not react some times and I have to excecute this strange sony touch screen console program more and more.

Since today morning, as soon as the fan kicks in (even only very low) I can't move the surface anymore without hearing strange noise, see video below (Play with sound!).

Is that normal??? I think it's time to exchange my unit via warranty.

Thanks and best regards,

Klaus

2. Johnny365

Johnny365 Member

My fan slightly whines when tilting or jerking it at an angle while it's running. It's normal as the fan is sitting on a axle so when it is shaken abruptly, it will change the pitch of the fan movement to compensate but only for a fraction of a second.

Edit, yours isn't normal lol. Probably the fan needing to be greased again, which ultimately means a replacement SP3 altogether.

3. klausd

klausd New Member

Thanks for your opinion, will sent it back then... :( Do you think it's fine to have Windows 10 on it regarding warranty or should I first revert to Windows 8.1?