What's new

Streaming video all jumpy

Hey all,When trying to stream video from the web on my SP3 full screen the video is all jumpy. Usually when I don't go full screen and keep the window small it is fine... but as soon as I try and go full screen the video does not play smoothly (the sound is fine though).

Any ideas on what would cause this?

OP
T

thefollans

Just streaming from the web in chrome... today it was the surfing from www.aspworldtour.com I was streaming at 720p and as mentioned when in small mode it was fine but as soon as I go to full screen it is all jumpy and broken (but sound is fine)?Thanks :)

kundas1

works fine for me also and I watched full screen in 1080P... maybe your internet is slow and your not giving a chance for the vid to buffer all the way?

nipponham

Does this happen in Chrome only?
Does it display the same behavior when you view the video directly through YouTube?
What happens if you decrease resolution to SD?

OP
T

thefollans

I'll check again tomorrow when I am streaming the live broadcast. I don't think it is the internet speed though as if the window is small it streams 100% fine (wouldn't it be jumpy at that size as well if it was the connection?).I have not tried viewing it from You tube so I will do that tomorrow also.It is not only this site though... it is any time I try to watch something (even a movie that is on a HDD) in FULL SCREEN.... it is ONLY jumpy when playing full screen?I have updated display drivers as well?

nipponham

One more thing that would help with diagnostics would be to disable Chrome's built-in Flash plugin and try the cross-browser version instead.

kundas1

BTW just an FYI, the site is badly coded because I couldn't exit full screen and there was a running script that was acting up

OP
T

thefollans

Well I have been watching the live stream all day and here are the results:Using Chrome from website - jumpyUsing Chrome from You Tube - ok for a while and then jumpyUsing IE from website - perfect!!!So is this a Chrome issue?It also happens when I am watching movies from PLEX as well though?