What's new

Stuck on Setup Page

retcgav8r

After leaving my SP2 for a few hours, I returned to find a black setup screen with five menu items and "Exit Setup" as options. Tried exiting setup without saving configuration, tried hard shutdown, etc. When restarting, the SP2 opens to the Setup Page. How can I get past this page?

OP
R

retcgav8r

Computer setup, I believe. Menu options are:

Trusted Platform Module (TPM)...(Enabled)
Secure Boot Control (Enabled)
Install Default Secure Boot Key [Yes or No]
Delete All Secure Boot Keys [delete secure boot keys & databases to reset platform to Setup Mode]
Exit Setup [Save Configuration and reset? Yes or No]

Version 2.15.1236

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Ok.... that is the Firmware Screen, select exit and click yes let it reboot.... if it returns to this screen make sure no USB devices are attached and try again.

New2ToMe

Mine did that after the last update which was "firmware only" that I did Friday or Saturday. I let it stand for 20-minutes and still nothing.

I then unplugged the USB hub and Display adapter and held down the start button for 20-seconds and let is shut down. Then restarted and it went through the firmware installation and has been fine ever since. Using it for this reply! :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is was....had us on the edge of seat....hopefully the Seahawks will decide to play all 4 quarters in 2 weeks :)
I couldn't believe my eyes, I figured someone must have paid the Packers for all those short arm missed tackles in the last 4 minutes. :) The Seahawks really only played about 8 minutes so 2 quarters might be enough in the SB if they can muster it. :)