What's new

Student Offers on SP3

SeanKDN

will the current student special offer be available at Microsoft retail store as well? because i am planning to get either i5 or i7 256gbs. which one do you think is good for a college student majoring in business?

ThatCoolBlueKid

i5 should be fine. The i7 is not that needed unless you are planning to do a lot more tasking things such as Photoshop/Video editing and the works.
Unless you are going after the 512Gb Version, I'd stick with the 256Gb i5.

OP
S

SeanKDN

Thank for answering. I will consider i5 over i7 because i am not really into rendering but if i do have to rendering something, i will just use my new built PC at home. Do you have any info about my first question btw?

ThatCoolBlueKid

No Idea on that. I know that so far it seems to be Microsoft USA only as other Microsoft sites don't have any such offers. You could always Email/Call Microsoft, Use their Site's LiveChat or go to a Retail store and ask them there.

As I am going through the Student offer online, I think it is Online-only as they need 3-4 days to verify your student card or documentation, which I don't think they'll do in a store.

Seems online only.

OP
S

SeanKDN

i live in States but im asking this simply because i just want to get my SP3 right away instead of waiting for shipping or stuff like that since Microsoft retail store is only 4 miles far from my house.

OGF

Yup, for school work i5 256 is perfect! Even for photoshop and premiere pro its great! i5 has a better battery life but only by 1-2 hours. I recommend this one.

ThatCoolBlueKid

i live in States but im asking this simply because i just want to get my SP3 right away instead of waiting for shipping or stuff like that since Microsoft retail store is only 4 miles far from my house.

Surely you can wait the 2-3 days in exchange for saving $150?

Might as well go to the store and ask them though.

OP
S

SeanKDN

Thank for the respond, OGF. i will definitely get i5 256gbs because i will mostly use Office, Chrome though i know chrome is battery juice sucker, and youtube-ing

OP
S

SeanKDN

Surely you can wait the 2-3 days in exchange for saving $150?

Might as well go to the store and ask them though.

im in mid of process of checking out after a quick academic verification as they asked me for my student email and BAM! im verified. But im not going to purchase it now. gotta wait for my paycheck...ya know what i mean. nomoneynohoney thou

Zog1971

Yes, the Microsoft store will definitely honor the discounts. Even Best Buy will match Microsoft's discounts if you can prove you're a student. And, from everything I'm hearing, the i5 8gb RAM should be more than enough to handle your needs. I have the i7 coming today as I am a graphic design student and will be working heavily in the Adobe programs, but the i5 may have even been fine for me.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
No Idea on that. I know that so far it seems to be Microsoft USA only as other Microsoft sites don't have any such offers. You could always Email/Call Microsoft, Use their Site's LiveChat or go to a Retail store and ask them there.

As I am going through the Student offer online, I think it is Online-only as they need 3-4 days to verify your student card or documentation, which I don't think they'll do in a store.

Seems online only.

It most certainly is not just in the USA. I wouldn't be buying my sp3 if it wasn't for the student discount.

GTiceman

i purchased the i7 256 on the student discount and considered returning for the i5. That is the one I would recommend for you.