What's new

Stylus for RT

Sheltowee

New to the forum. Hello all! I have not purchased the Surface yet, but am planning on doing so soon. I have seen in other areas on the web that a stylus will work with RT, but you don't have the "palm block". I am assuming that the RT does not have an active digitizer and you have to use one of those thick capacitive styli like is used on the Ipad. Should I just wait for the Pro? I HATE that you get cut down to 4 hours of battery life, but REALLY need a stylus. Thoughts and advice appreciated.

K4ot1K

Hello, I do not have my Surface yet either (ordered, but not shipped). But I jumped in your thread since I was wondering about something similar. I also use a stylus, however, I don't need it for the tablet itself. I would just like to know if I will be able to use my WACOM tablet with it.

ArnoldC

I have a Bamboo that I currently use with my Acer S3 on Windows 8, and we all know it works perfectly. I have the same concern for the Surface RT and earlier while doing some search I bumped into a Wacom Germany thread and saw a post by Wacom itself that the Bamboo will work like a mouse with the RT, i.e., just like using it without a driver on Windows 8. I maybe able to live with that, but I'll soon find out when I get my hands on the the Surface RT cming this Sunday.

vdek

I'm using a capacitive stylus on my Surface RT, it works but it's not perfect. I'll put up a video of it later today.

archapacman

No guys. No digitalizer. That would add 100-200 dollars cost to the device.

However, if you go to my youtube channel, you can see me taking notes with it using just a Basic Amazon Capacitive stylus.

It does have a "pseudo-palm block." If you touch it once on OneNote, it will block out any other multiple touches.

I have yet to use an Adonit Stylus, which I heard is even better. I am just afraid it might scratch the screen so I am finding a screen protector.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using the Adonit Jot Pro with my Surface RT with a Smudge Guard for Palm Rejection. It is the best Capacitive Stylus I've used, just keep the screen clean from dust while using it. I ink in OneNote 2013 and Paint using FreshPaint from the App Store, no complaints.

HTH,

pseudoware

I'm using the Adonit Jot Pro with my Surface RT with a Smudge Guard for Palm Rejection. It is the best Capacitive Stylus I've used, just keep the screen clean from dust while using it. I ink in OneNote 2013 and Paint using FreshPaint from the App Store, no complaints.

HTH,

Have you (or anyone) experienced any issues with scratches while using the Jot Pro? Thanks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had to as of yet, but I will confess that a Capacitive Stylus is no where near the same experience that I get with an Active Digitizer (I have a Pro 2 as well).

pseudoware

Thanks. Yes, I've heard it's not the same but have seen mostly positive reviews for what it is. I'm going to pull the trigger, and maybe one day, I'll graduate to Wacom. :)