What's new

Stylus with eraser?

ltcbob11

I have scoured the posts and do not find an answer to this, so forgive me if I missed it.

Is there a good stylus with eraser function that looks and feels similar to real pen?

leeshor

I think you'll find that any erasure functions are going to be app specific. Most drawing apps have an eraser.

ximoosea

I believe his question was about a stylus having the eraser function built in, not about which apps have the eraser function.

I too would like to know this. I have read a lot about different styluses (styli?) and not found any. I have bought a couple of different ones without the eraser and like them but keep going back to the original just because of the built in eraser.

OP
L

ltcbob11

@ximoosea. You are correct

@wmadan I ordered the one you suggested. Will report back when I get change to try it

Thanks for help, all.

heed

I live in China and was able to find an OEM stylus factory. I found one of their models works with Surface, has an eraser, has replaceable nibs (not sure if compatible w/ Wacom nibs though), and is normal sized with a soft-touch rubber body. Oh, and it's cheap. But it only has 1 level of pressure...not ~1000 like the original one. Still pretty good for $15!

leeshor

I believe his question was about a stylus having the eraser function built in, not about which apps have the eraser function.

I too would like to know this. I have read a lot about different styluses (styli?) and not found any. I have bought a couple of different ones without the eraser and like them but keep going back to the original just because of the built in eraser.

I'm pretty certain I understood the question but the OP didn't say anything about an S-Pen and this is a Microsoft Surface Forum not a Galaxy Nite forum. The S-Pen AFIK will only work with the Galaxy tabs

bjornb

This stylus works on the SP, including eraser:
Brand New Gateway Wacom Executive Stylus Pen for E 155 E 155C C 120x s 7125C | eBay

I've bought one, and it works fine, but I like the feel of the SP pen slightly more. I have it as a backup pen in case I lose or break the MS pen.

(BTW I've read somewhere that the Samsung pens also work on the SP, I think they use the same Wacom tech. I have some colleagues with Samsung Note units, I'll try to test and confirm it).

Last edited:
OP
L

ltcbob11

@voodooevil,

The program I use the stylus most is OneNote. I can hand write notes and if I need to erase some of the notes, I just flip stylus over and erase--just like a pencil.