What's new

Sudden battery drain after recent updates

Here it didn't help so i did a full factory reset today. All updates were installed correctly and without getting really hot.

Those things i realized:
1. Last time there were 44 updates after a factory reset. This time there were only 43.
2. Fan is much less likely to hear and I have the impression that the device is not so hot even under load.
3 I have several sleep study reports performed and in no one CPU was an activator as before
Two things i havent installed this time. I had installed a program before called "windows update notifier" and i didnt install firefox.
Still strange that a factory reset causes such a strong Change. Hope my SP3 will now work again good

Zog1971

My issue was due to HD Graphics according to the sleepstudy report.
After the 8/19 firmware update I did a refresh and everything has been cleared up. nothing currently whacky in the sleepstudy and battery life looking to be longer than ever.
Hi GreyFox. Your information has been very helpful to me. Could you please tell me how I can run one of these sleep reports? Thanks as always for your great advice!

you have to make a batch file and run it as administrator.
create a text document (with notepad) and post following code in it

powercfg /sleepstudy /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\sleepstudy_report.html

name the file sleepstudy.bat and run it as administrator. You should then have a file on your desktop called "sleepstudy_report.html"