What's new

'Sup With the new Hardware Update? Made my SP Hot as a Mother...

ChrisPanzer

I updated this morning and noticed a 1.5mb or so Hardware update... Now my SP3 is running hotter than a mothasucka, so I decided to make an egg on it for breakfast... 'twas delicious.

Anyone know what the honkie is up??

vxm

I just started installing that update among 30 or so more, in my case Windows Module Installer usually does that, but as you mentioned, we have similiar habits, so it goes well with making breakfast :)

OP
ChrisPanzer

ChrisPanzer

I personally install updates on a daily basis, sort of part of my routine, (Im proud to say) and most days its a simple Dictionary update/MS SE update... this morning I was bombarded with like 30 updates!! Whoa!!

Reactions: vxm

vxm

Yup, same here- I thought it's due to my Windows Update problem in other thread, but since you got spammed with updates too it may have something to do with "update tuesdays" timezone differences (europe here)

vxm

it may be called different like "patch tuesdays" or something, for me those are usually "spaceshuttle-launch-days"

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
"update tuesdays"... when i think of the marketability with that, wow... do love...
Yeah, as opposed to the marketability of releasing 186 patches after six months of nothing. ... I'll take the monthly distribution thank you very much.

mitchellvii

Yep. Ever since running the updates my quiet, fast and cool SP3 is loud, slow and hot.

Thanks MS. For gods sake, please stop FIXING things!

leeshor

Stop updating as soon as they come out and maybe you'll have less to complain about. Wait for someone else to be the guinea pig and then if you don't see problems posted, manually update.

OP
ChrisPanzer

ChrisPanzer

Stop updating as soon as they come out and maybe you'll have less to complain about. Wait for someone else to be the guinea pig and then if you don't see problems posted, manually update.
May your wisdom echo through the annals of history and be a beacon of hope to all SP3 users everywhere.

Gary.M

Updated mine in the early hours of this morning and yes, initially the fan blew like a mother but within probably 15 minutes or so it was once more the quiet svelte beast I so love. All fine now