What's new

Surface 2 Reviews and videos

oion

Well, after reading the AnandTech review, my mind is made up! I am getting the Surface 2 (with a purple Typecover)! But I will do so around the 3rd or 4th week of November.

About bloody time. Now you can stop angsting and leave the rest of us alone. :p

OP
D

demandarin

Well, after reading the AnandTech review, my mind is made up! I am getting the Surface 2 (with a purple Typecover)! But I will do so around the 3rd or 4th week of November.

Great decision. I'm sure this barrage of videos and reviews helped sway your decision..haha. The RT is a great device no doubt, but I think for your particular uses, the Surface 2 would greatly improve your efficiency. Also would compliment your other Army of devices also. Lol

To be honest, I want a Sirface2 also. And a dell venue 8 pro..smh. I think I'm definitely going to sell or trade in my Nexus 7 and Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Then no matter which device I choose, ill be paying far less than full price. Only a little would come out of pocket.

Oh and a surface pro 2...lol

kristalsoldier

Great decision. I'm sure this barrage of videos and reviews helped sway your decision..haha. The RT is a great device no doubt, but I think for your particular uses, the Surface 2 would greatly improve your efficiency. Also would compliment your other Army of devices also. Lol

To be honest, I want a Sirface2 also. And a dell venue 8 pro..smh. I think I'm definitely going to sell or trade in my Nexus 7 and Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Then no matter which device I choose, ill be paying far less than full price. Only a little would come out of pocket.

Oh and a surface pro 2...lol

Actually, yes the videos did help, but Anand's review was very comprehensive. He writes well and I thought he was being fair. And, the Surface 2 looks damn elegant!

Edit: Though I am not very happy with IE 11 - it lags quite a bit and has problems on numerous websites/ pages. I am also not happy with the Mail App (and I have been bugging Jeff with questions about it). Essentially, the Mail app keeps syncing all the time (but only on my Gmail account - Outlook and my work mail is fine). Also, it seems sluggish. If I could solve these two problems, I would be able to settle down and push 8.1 (both RT and the version on my desktop machine) to its limits and see how it works out for me. Btw, the Mail app is causing problems on both the RT and the desktop machine and I have no idea why!!!! This never did happen with 8.0 (both versions)!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
D

demandarin

I haven't used the RT much as I gave it to my woman. but I haven't heard any IE11 complaints from her. so id assume its working fine. the times I did use it it seemed pretty fast.

as for your email syncing issue with gmail, I just looked at mines. go into your mail app, then click on your gmail account, then swipe from the right side in to bring up charm bar. then press settings. then accounts. click on gmail one. then in there you can set how often you want stuff to sync. I saw mines was set to arrive as they become available. but you can set that to like every 15 minutes, half hour, hour, 2 hours, etc...

now that I think about it, that's a great way to save battery. never realized I had it set to receive mail so often. im sure if I decrease the frequency of sync compared to immediate sync as new mail becomes available, itll improve battery life a lot.

thanks for bringing this up..haha

kristalsoldier

I haven't used the RT much as I gave it to my woman. but I haven't heard any IE11 complaints from her. so id assume its working fine. the times I did use it it seemed pretty fast.

as for your email syncing issue with gmail, I just looked at mines. go into your mail app, then click on your gmail account, then swipe from the right side in to bring up charm bar. then press settings. then accounts. click on gmail one. then in there you can set how often you want stuff to sync. I saw mines was set to arrive as they become available. but you can set that to like every 15 minutes, half hour, hour, 2 hours, etc...

now that I think about it, that's a great way to save battery. never realized I had it set to receive mail so often. im sure if I decrease the frequency of sync compared to immediate sync as new mail becomes available, itll improve battery life a lot.

thanks for bringing this up..haha

I did what you posted, but it is still behaving in the manner I described. I have no problems with the Mail app checking frequently, indeed, I need it to for work purposes. I am really getting frustrated with the Mail app at the moment. As bad as the Mail app was in 8.0, it never did anything like this!

OP
D

demandarin

This is likely also a cause for your reduced battery life if its syncing all the time.

What do you exactly mean by syncing? Its constantly pulling new email or it seems stuck and is not pulling the email or seems like its never finished?

kristalsoldier

This is likely also a cause for your reduced battery life if its syncing all the time.

What do you exactly mean by syncing? Its constantly pulling new email or it seems stuck and is not pulling the email or seems like its never finished?

It seems like its never finished!!!!! And, its very sluggish!

OP
D

demandarin

Oh ok, I see now. Have you tried killing it from the task manager or from the left side? Like you pointed out in another thread of pulling it down and letting it flip to truly close out. Then restarting it does the same thing? Reboot helps any?

kristalsoldier

Oh ok, I see now. Have you tried killing it from the task manager or from the left side? Like you pointed out in another thread of pulling it down and letting it flip to truly close out. Then restarting it does the same thing? Reboot helps any?

Tried all that. Does not help! I also uninstalled the app from both my machines and then reinstalled them. Did not help.

OP
D

demandarin

FoxNewsTest Review:
[video=youtube;jNtPowDZVAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNtPowDZVAs[/video]

CTNtechnology Review:
[video=youtube;13J0t4vyjo4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13J0t4vyjo4[/video]

Last edited:
OP
D

demandarin

Yeah, I'm amazed how they hate on such a great piece of machinery. Plus alot of reviewers are too shallow and don't look at the bigger picture of what this device is capable of. Its a shame really but I hope the product will speak for itself despite some so so or negative sounding reviews. They all base the negative off of it running RT. They all know its a premium built device. I bet if it ran the latest IOS7 the reviewers would say this is the greatest advancement in technology ever..haha