What's new

Surface 2 vs Nokia Lumia 2520

Gotta love the bias and skepticism. "Tablet dominance of Android and iOS". Oh really? We just saw that the iPad represents 81% of the tablet market. I don't think Android belongs in that sentence.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

And, essentially, the new iPad is a bit of a disappointment really. Yeah...most of those bloggers on ZD are biased beyond compare. But coming back to the Nokia tablet, it looks good and knowing Nokia, it will also be built well.

A bit of a disappointment is kind of an understatement. ;) I had looked between an iPad and the Surface 2, and decided to go ahead with the Surface. Their event today just validated that decision. For me, at least.

And, essentially, the new iPad is a bit of a disappointment really. Yeah...most of those bloggers on ZD are biased beyond compare. But coming back to the Nokia tablet, it looks good and knowing Nokia, it will also be built well.

beman39

what kils me is these writers keep regurgitating the same old information (ms took a 900M loss) about the RT like it supposed to mean something, first off they didn't loose because the RT was a bad/subpar device or because it was inferior to ipads/android, but because of other factors! so MS took a loss, GET OVER IT! the rest of us has and even MS has! also the reason these writers keep regurgitating these facts is because that's all they can trash about the RT, because the RT is getting more and more traction of popularity! even a buddy of mine wants to drop his ipad for a Surface because he can see it is a more beneficial device and more useful! so that's what they keep attacking the RT with! and the reason is that the RT is a very well made device and with Surface 2 it got even better! as soon as the Surface 2 is out in the stores I am buying one and selling my RT which is still selling pretty good on kijiji BTW with a very high resell value (surprisingly) so I will recoup MOST of my money! so what that does that say for the high resell value of a the device? because everyone knows its a good device!

Last edited:

scadarick

A bit of a disappointment is kind of an understatement. ;) I had looked between an iPad and the Surface 2, and decided to go ahead with the Surface. Their event today just validated that decision. For me, at least.

I have been wondering how IPad 5 is doing. I normally have both. Waiting to pickup my SP 2 256 g soon. Now I need a new cell, so it's down to os, win8.1 or android. As long as they meet the specs I want and need, I will keep waiting. Been on month 2 month for 2/12 years now with verizon. I am buying my cell, it's a lot cheaper in the long rung.

Please post if you have any comments, thank you guys!

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Personally, I have found the integration between my Nokia Lumia 720, my desktop machine (now running 8.1) and the Surface RT (now running 8.1RT) pretty much seamless. I opted for the 720 because (1) it was relatively inexpensive; (2) I like the camera - it takes decent pics; (3) I get SkyDrive and Office 365 preinstalled though I don't use it very often on the phone; (4) I like the form factor - though I wish the button placements a bit awkward; and (5) I like the interface - quite a bit actually. I should add that after the phone and the OS has been rock-solid.

I don't use too many apps, but for the functionalities that I need, I have found adequate free apps.

scadarick

Thank you very much for your input! My brother says he waiting for the new 6 inch Nokia, don't remember the model but from what I have been hearing, a windows cell and the tablets plus my huge desktop is going to be a sweet match.

Thank you for your input, really helps me out with this much money going out...but I was prepared though!

demandarin

The new Nokia is the 1520. 6in. Full HD screen with snapdragon800 and 20mp pure view cam. I'm getting one also. It will replace my current 5.5in. Lg Optimus G Pro full HD 13mp cam.

scadarick

The new Nokia is the 1520. 6in. Full HD screen with snapdragon800 and 20mp pure view cam. I'm getting one also. It will replace my current 5.5in. Lg Optimus G Pro full HD 13mp cam.

Thanks for the model number, something brother forgot to tell, well I am just about happy, that is if both devices marry well, you get the picture. Thank so very much for the return!