What's new

Surface 3 Battery

Zippy0n

Hi, Surface 3 user from the UK :)

Just a small observation, I charge with the supplied MS charger all night (is this bad?) and when I disconnect the cable and look at the battery it shows 99%, is this normal? plus on reviews it says that it takes around 2.5 hours to charge, im not finding this.

Thanks for the replies in advance :)

Ps the Surface 3 is AMAZING

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, Surface 3 user from the UK :)

Just a small observation, I charge with the supplied MS charger all night (is this bad?) and when I disconnect the cable and look at the battery it shows 99%, is this normal? plus on reviews it says that it takes around 2.5 hours to charge, im not finding this.

Thanks for the replies in advance :)

Ps the Surface 3 is AMAZING
Surface pro 3 takes 2.5 hours to charge. Ive not seen this claim anywhere for the s3.mmost reviews show the s3 to charge in 5 to 6 hours.

irogos

I am able to fully charge my surface 3 in about 2.5 hours when I'm not using it. I just turn off the device and plug it in and it charges pretty fast.

OP
Zippy0n

Zippy0n

irogos, that's what I thought, hmmm, maybe your using a higher wattage/ampage charger than I, was that using the supplied MS charger?. Isnt the MS charger 13W? (am at work so cant check) not sure of the ampage but in the other "Surface 3 Charging" Thread a user recommends that one uses a 12/13W 2.4A for battery packs etc, hopefully I haven't got a defect Surface