What's new

Surface 3 lockscreen time not functioning correctly

callingdoug

when I upgraded to windows 10 my lockscreen stopped functioning correctly. I have it set to 15 minutes before requiring a password but if its off for more than maybe 30 seconds it requires a password. I've tried resetting to various times but they all work the same. I haven't seen a post about this (maybe I didn't type the search well...), any suggestions on how to repair this?

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

I would think you would have needed to do it intentionally but there is more than one way to blank the screen and they can have different times attached to them. Search your Surface for Screen Saver and see if that is set as it can also ask for a password. I'm guessing you adjusted yours under power setting?

OP
C

callingdoug

I've checked and rechecked settings. the issue doesn't change. after maybe 30 seconds of sleep mode it requires me to re-enter the password even with it set at 15 minutes.

anyone?

leeshor

I would try a refresh. That's a pretty strange problem. I'm thinking it might actually take a reset. Did you get the 10568 update?

OP
C

callingdoug

done both refresh and reset (was on line with tech support for a while and they walked me through what they said were those things), no change. Call ended with frustration. I'm in process of downloading the update now, at 21% actually. Perhaps it will somehow repair it, guess we'll see.