What's new

Surface 3 password

nmventure

Hello all. Is there any way to eliminate having to type in a password every time I turn on my Surface 3 ? It is currently linked to my hotmail account which has a difficult password that I would rather not have to change. I would much prefer to just turn it on and go straight to the Surface desktop but haven't figured out how to do that. Thanks in advance..

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

At a command prompt type in netplwiz then hit enter. Clink on the user that's the one you boot with then uncheck the box upper left and click apply. Input your PW twice and click OK (close) restart Windows.

Being that your question is not Surface 3 specific, thread moved to Surface General.

Orlbuckeye

Hello all. Is there any way to eliminate having to type in a password every time I turn on my Surface 3 ? It is currently linked to my hotmail account which has a difficult password that I would rather not have to change. I would much prefer to just turn it on and go straight to the Surface desktop but haven't figured out how to do that. Thanks in advance..

Well as long as you are upgraded to Windows 10.
Learn about Windows Hello and set it up - Windows Help -