Surface 3 slow email download

Discussion in 'Surface 3 (Atom)' started by terij221, Feb 16, 2016.

1. terij221

terij221 New Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    I have a relatively new Surface 3 (Nov 2015) and am experiencing slow downloads for emails with documents in them. I understand it's a safety feature to have to click on them to download, but it can take 1-2 min., and I have fast internet. My system automatically updates,so I don't think that's the issue. Suggestions?

2. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Welcome to the forum

Have you run a speed test from your Surface? There are a lot of variables that could cause it to be slow so you'll need to start narrowing them down.

3. Argus Tuft

Argus Tuft Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    I have two main email addresses; one with my ISP and one with gmail. Email received using my ISP supplied address takes what seems like forever to get to my inbox, even if sent by someone in the same house! Both are linked to Thunderbird. So, for anything important, I send, and thus receive, from my gmail account but for anything else, I send, and thus receive, from my ISP supplied address.

Try sending it to yourself by way of the many different web based email clients available. You might find one that suits you best.