What's new

Surface and stylus

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I sewed some batting into my Smudge Guard along the palm through the pinky and now my inking is on par with what I experienced with the ntrig Digitizer in the HP Slate 500.

R0bR

I bought a stylus but it has a small bouncy tip on it and when I use it causes double clicks, also when I take notes with it I get skipped spaces drawing lines etc. It's actually more accurate to just use my finger. It's just a cheap stylus I found to test but was curious if good quality ones have an air filled tip like mine does or if it's solid.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've not had good experiences with any of the rubber tipped Stylus on the market other than using them in lieu of using my finger. The Adonit Jot Pro uses a metal ball and clear plastic disk and is much accurate and offers at least in my opinion the best inking on a Capacitive Device.

Odyssey

Got a few questions for ya!

Would you recommend getting a screen protector when using the Adonit Jot Pro? I'm looking at the Incipio Self-Healing Screen Protector and Skinomi TechSkin as possible screen protectors to purchase since I've heard that the Jot Pro might cause scratches on the screen. Also, could the screen protector cause a decrease in accuracy as far as writing goes?

How does the Adonit Jot Pro work in OneNote 2013? I've tried with a regular stylus and lines were jagged and pretty terrible. Not sure if it was because of OneNote or the stylus but I plan on using OneNote 2013 pretty extensively for taking notes and the Jot Pro seems like a good note-taking companion.

R0bR

I've been doing some research and the Jot Pro isn't getting the greatest reviews but I came across the GoSmart 200 and 300 stylus which are getting pretty good ones.

Can someone report on the inking experience with their stylus? Got a Kensington one here, and it doesn't register very well with the Surface. Makes inking pretty bad in OneNote.

ZachBui

I got the Skinomi TechSkin and it works great with the adonit jot pro. It may not be the best on one note, but other note taking applications seemed to perform well

OP
J

joga

Aw: Surface and stylus

I received my adonit jot pro. Seems to be a very nice stylus. Good for drawing and writing. I think i will keep it.

joga
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Sin

I ordered a GoSmart 300 Series. Can't wait for it to arrive, so I can play around. I don't really have a need for a stylus but figured it would fun to playing around with and do a little drawing, etc.

I ordered a GoSmart 300 Series. Can't wait for it to arrive, so I can play around. I don't really have a need for a stylus but figured it would fun to playing around with and do a little drawing, etc.
curious about your experience. Let us know when you get it.