What's new

Surface Book 2 Charging Issue Help

shizadi

Hello all,

Recently, I have noticed that while my SB2 is plugged into a charger- the charging will randomly stop for a second and resume and may do this drop/reconnect cycle a couple times before continuing charging. It is accompanied by clicking coming from the charging port when trying to reconnect. The light on the charger remains lit during all of this. Never had this problem before a couple days ago.

I was wondering if this sounds like a charger problem or a SB2 issue? Thanks in advance!

chekhonte

I'd get a good light in there and make sure that the magnet hasn't sucked up a small metal file that's causing a short.

OP
S

shizadi

I'd get a good light in there and make sure that the magnet hasn't sucked up a small metal file that's causing a short.

I checked and there was nothing stuck- but thank you!. I decided to continue my trouble shooting and when I un-docked the tablet portion and just tried charging the tablet portion, the same connect/disconnect charging issues were seen with the tablet alone. So this is leading me to believe that it is a charger issue as I think it is highly unlikely to see a double charging port fault or internal short like that.