Surface Book 2 Pen issue

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Book' started by Gizmo2005, Feb 21, 2019.

1. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Other
    Under Settings ----> Devices ------>Bluetooth and other Devices ------> It will show battery life of connected devices using a battery to power it

2. MikemanSP4

MikemanSP4 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Under your Bluetooth Devices in Settings - is the battery level indicated there? I'm not near my computer, but if memory serves me correctly - the battery levels of each Bluetooth Device(s) is listed.

Additionally, for further troubleshooting avenues - I read somewhere that the Surface pen can be 'reset' by pressing/holding both buttons for 15+ seconds or until the light blinks. Remove the Surface Pen from your BT Device list & re-pair. I threw a 4 pack of the AAAA Batteries in my PC bag along with extra pen tips (nubs) to be able to circumvent any pen issues.

You are correct though, for the prices we pay for these devices - we shouldn't have annoying issues galore.

3. Gizmo2005

Gizmo2005 New Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    The battery level use to be in there because I remember seeing it. But it's no longer there since I've done updates. When you click on BT and other devices, all it shows are the devices paired to it. In my case, it's 2.4g keyboard mouse, SD card, and Surface Pen. No battery indicator.