What's new

Surface Book 2 Teaser?

Cimmerian

Intel released a short promotional video for it's 8th gen processors about a week ago, whats interesting is that the device being used as an example is what looks to be a "space gray" Surface Book.

As we all know there isn't yet a Surface Book with an 8th gen Intel Processor in it, could they be foreshadowing the Surface Book 2?

Personally I believe the one being shown in the video is just a Surface Book 1 with color grading applied as I see absolutely no notable differences aside from color. But even if it is just a Surface Book 1, why use it for the teaser? I do believe this is a teaser, not of the actually device (I think there will be stylistic changes in the next one), but a teaser that says its coming.

Here's to hoping! I love my Surface Book but I could highly benefit from thunderbolt/USB-C, a mainstream 10 series GPU, and a quad-core processor. A man can dream.

Video:

Picture:
2lsd3f7.jpg

mva5580

It's either a sneaky look at a new Surface Book, or it's just Intel coloring a SB 1 for their short ad and didn't think much of anyone would notice/care.

Orlbuckeye

It's either a sneaky look at a new Surface Book, or it's just Intel coloring a SB 1 for their short ad and didn't think much of anyone would notice/care.

Why would Intel demo a non 8th generation processor for an 8th generation processor ad? Especially advertising 4K on a no 4K screen?

flar

Why would Intel demo a non 8th generation processor for an 8th generation processor ad? Especially advertising 4K on a no 4K screen?
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, or if you are saying that the computer being shown must be 8th gen + 4K, or if you are asking why they showed an unrelated piece of hardware for the ad?

I can say that they did not show a 4K screen when they listed that capability. 4K is a 16:9 aspect ratio, but the screen being shown when they mention that bullet item has the 3:2 aspect ratio for the SB. If they are going to show pretty-but-unrelated hardware while listing that bullet item, there is no reason to believe that they are actually showing us any of what they are describing. The video was probably made before they even had engineering samples so it is just some pretty graphics to go behind their announcement of what the new technology will include.