What's new

Surface book battery issues

nathanandsusan

I have been getting 4-5 hours of battery use and tried all the posted "fixes". On Saturday I got 8 hours and thought one of my fixes has worked. Then yesterday (Sunday) it was back to 4 hours and 40 minutes again. Today I have been getting 8 hours and realized both Saturday and today I was using it indoors with bright lighting. So I just disabled the adaptive brightness on the theory that the screen has been lit a lot more than the 50% I set it to. I had this issue with the Dell Venue Pro a couple of years ago and this setting made a huge difference.

gaborfar

Hi all,

I am still suffering from extreme battery problems on my Surface Book i7, dGPU.

The problem is not necessarily the drain during sleep, but the overall battery life. I am getting about 5 hours with Windows Hello turned off (was actually never installed).

Is there any fix for this yet, or is there an update coming up soon?
Hi all,

I am still suffering from extreme battery problems on my Surface Book i7, dGPU.

The problem is not necessarily the drain during sleep, but the overall battery life. I am getting about 5 hours with Windows Hello turned off (was actually never installed).

Is there any fix for this yet, or is there an update coming up soon?

Thanks!

Thanks!

gaborfar

I'm lucky to get five hours out of the battery. Thjis is very disappointing and I am losing confidence that MS can deliver a fix for SB that will vastly improve all the glitches.
The SB crashes every time you release the screen from the keyboard. Even the basic features are flawed.
Often on start up the cursor disappears and the mouse pad is inoperable. Very sad.

It's a shame that the product doesn't deliver all the hype of the marketing.
If I knew I was going to have this trouble I think I would have converted over to the Mac Book.

Not sure why some of you are having such terrible battery life. I streamed 2.5hrs movie (screen off) via the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and drained just 24% battery life. Also regular use, it is draining about 11% for every hour. It seems better than my SP3 battery life.