What's new

Surface Book design problem?

ncameron

What part of EU specifically? If that's the case, someone should really tell apple that :(
iMac

And microsoft Buy Surface Book - Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store

Both of those major companies seem to use the comma, and periods as they were intended.

I look forward to knowing where in EU you would list thousands in the form of x.xx and mean thousands.

Here, how do you not know this?
  • Albania
  • Algeria
  • Andorra
  • Angola
  • Argentina
  • Armenia
  • Austria
  • Azerbaijan
  • Belarus
  • Belgium
  • Bolivia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Brazil
  • Bulgaria (comma used officially, point prevalent in common parlance and semi-official printing)
  • Cameroon
  • Canada (when using French)
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia (comma used officially, but both forms are in use)[citation needed]
  • Cuba
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • East Timor
  • Ecuador
  • Estonia
  • Faroes
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Georgia
  • Greece
  • Greenland
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Indonesia
  • Italy
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kosovo
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Latvia
  • Lebanon
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg (uses both marks officially)
  • Macau (in Portuguese text)
  • Macedonia
  • Moldova
  • Mongolia
  • Morocco
  • Mozambique
  • Namibia
  • The Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Serbia
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • South Africa
  • Spain
  • Switzerland (other than Swiss currency)
  • Sweden
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • Uruguay
  • Uzbekistan
  • Venezuela
  • Vietnam

Yillbs

Bing or Google it

Most of my grade school was done IN NZ, and part of UNI was in NZ. We've never, ever, ever, once been taught to use a period in place of a comma. Maybe In india, I think they might, but your reply is futile, as you are wrong.

Yillbs

Here, how do you not know this?
  • Albania
  • Algeria
  • Andorra
  • Angola
  • Argentina
  • Armenia
  • Austria
  • Azerbaijan
  • Belarus
  • Belgium
  • Bolivia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Brazil
  • Bulgaria (comma used officially, point prevalent in common parlance and semi-official printing)
  • Cameroon
  • Canada (when using French)
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia (comma used officially, but both forms are in use)[citation needed]
  • Cuba
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • East Timor
  • Ecuador
  • Estonia
  • Faroes
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Georgia
  • Greece
  • Greenland
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Indonesia
  • Italy
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kosovo
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Latvia
  • Lebanon
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg (uses both marks officially)
  • Macau (in Portuguese text)
  • Macedonia
  • Moldova
  • Mongolia
  • Morocco
  • Mozambique
  • Namibia
  • The Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Serbia
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • South Africa
  • Spain
  • Switzerland (other than Swiss currency)
  • Sweden
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • Uruguay
  • Uzbekistan
  • Venezuela
  • Vietnam

Are you kidding me? He was speaking in terms of UNITED STATES DOLLARS. Even if he was in BFE Vietnam, you can't list US currency, and not properly punctuate it. So the location is really a moot point.

OP
M

mike_msf

@Yillbs can u please look for other place to troll and teach people? This topic is not for such discussion and I don't give a shit if I should use "." or "," in that case as it was not the point of my post. Learn to see important things and not concentrate on being smart ass.

Yillbs

@Yillbs can u please look for other place to troll and teach people? This topic is not for such discussion and I don't give a shit if I should use "." or "," in that case as it was not the point of my post. Learn to see important things and not concentrate on being smart ass.

Sorry mike, wasn't trying to be a troll, on the contrary actually, i'm quite helpful, and contribute to assisting more often than not. I simply made a correction to a mistake that was made, I apologize your fellow forum users were unable to accept that. Typically when mistakes are made, the nice, proper thing to do is to assist, and make the needed correction. So, you're welcome :)

olimjj

Most of my grade school was done IN NZ, and part of UNI was in NZ. We've never, ever, ever, once been taught to use a period in place of a comma. Maybe In india, I think they might, but your reply is futile, as you are wrong.
This off topic discussion is inane.You missed the point and intent of my post PERIOD (.)

Yillbs

This off topic discussion is inane.You missed the point and intent of my post PERIOD (.)
Again, my apologies for the correction, it wasn't intended to make you angry, no reason to think it would. However, back to moving ON topic, no, what you have shown doesn't seem to be a widespread issue. I'm looking at mine now, and it aligns as it should. As others have pointed out in this thread, the one that was used looks to be defective, or have a defective hinge system.

kiomon

my hinge isn't perfect actually. I just noticed that it is slightly misaligned. The segments don't go slights higher each one, and I do notice some wear on the hinge. I am on an international long term assignment, but I got Microsoft Complete just for this reason. I will do an exchange when I have time. My base and screen do seem to disconnect every now and again, I wonder if its related.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I consider the hinge the best part of the Surface Book design.
I give mine very heavy use. Several friends and colleagues do, too.

So you deserve to have your unit replaced if not in spec, @mike_msf . Your unit does not represent a design flaw of the product.

Niterider4

My hinge appears uniform across its articulations and the rubber strip on the bottom remains in contact with the desk top. The desk top is glass, so it is perfectly flat. And I have no scratches on the bottom of my SB, despite moderate use as a laptop on a variety of surfaces.

OP
M

mike_msf

My hinge appears uniform across its articulations and the rubber strip on the bottom remains in contact with the desk top. The desk top is glass, so it is perfectly flat. And I have no scratches on the bottom of my SB, despite moderate use as a laptop on a variety of surfaces.

Could you make a picture to compare?

Niterider4

20160228_083605.jpg