What's new

Surface book has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
i7 256 w/ GPU. Haven't even booted it up yet but here are two unboxing pics.....
20151026_150822908_iOS.jpg20151026_150834318_iOS.jpg

MrRedHat

I got mine too. The screen wobble isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. It does move a little bit, but the reflection from the glossy screen is more distracting than the wobble.

The mouse doesn’t seem to click quite right for me. It seems to do a double click sometimes when I want a single click. – This might just be me too.

Otherwise, it seems pretty nice. I need to charge the battery to go into clipboard mode. Otherwise, it seems pretty nice.

SeanP

Got mine as well. Screen wobble was not going to be an issue for me no matter what.

One thing I have noticed in the 3 hours I have had it.

The cursor bounces around and sometimes freezes. I did download update and rebooted and seems to have fixed that but every so often it still freezes. It's not completely horrible but happens every so often.

The magnets that lock the screen into place are strange. When I unlocked and removed I had to do it with pretty good force. The first time I managed to do it, the left edge did not release so I had to try again.

And the screen is VERY light. VERY bright. Looks really nice. Just looked at Netflix on this and it's amazing.

Keyboard is also amazing and nice. So much easier to type on than my SP3 was.

I am going to do a battery test when it is 100% charged up. I am hearing 9 hours of HEAVY use from some of the reviews. I want to see what "heavy" is. I don't use a lot of intense graphics type programs. My use is mostly web, email, office, and watching Netflix or movies downloaded.

My SP3 was getting me 4-6 hours under same circumstances and would get very warm many times.

More to come but this is a beautiful machine. Hell, the box it came in was really nice. LOL

MrRedHat

@SeanP I agree. the screen wobble doesn't bother me a bit either. It is a very nice machine. I love the fact that it has a real keyboard. I have Office 2016 installed, will have to test OneNote pretty quick here.

It is a very nice machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.