What's new

Surface Book Pen - New Functionality

ScottyS

The one functionality we'd all like to see is programmability. Why isn't there a settings page that lets the user set the button to be right click or erase. Why can't one change the push the back button to open any app (OneNote can be the default, but we should be able to customize all functions.

AndyWear

Has anyone here used Radialmenu? I just learned about it and I'm trying to learn to use it. I'm somewhat getting use to it, but its a bit hard to program.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Just making sure posters on this thread are aware that pen buttons are programmable.
Run the "Surface" app.

David Early

Did anyone notice the following: When you are taking notes in OneNote (with the surface Pen4). While writing you want to scrol down with you fingertip (that is what i was use to on the surface3) and the surfacebook sees it as a note, drawing. You have to select the pan function again to scrol down. Does anyone know how to change that behavior?
Again different how I would like it but surfacebook reacts different: when touching the screen with the pen: handwrite, note, draw. When touching the screen with you fingertip: Scrol, Pan.

Greetings David

cjadams

I would love it if we can get right click properly going. I dislike having to right click then tap.. Used to the wacom tablets where you can tap and just right click or hover right click.

nnthemperor

Did anyone notice the following: When you are taking notes in OneNote (with the surface Pen4). While writing you want to scrol down with you fingertip (that is what i was use to on the surface3) and the surfacebook sees it as a note, drawing. You have to select the pan function again to scrol down. Does anyone know how to change that behavior?
Again different how I would like it but surfacebook reacts different: when touching the screen with the pen: handwrite, note, draw. When touching the screen with you fingertip: Scrol, Pan.

Greetings David
Not sure I understand what you're explaining, but maybe you should disable drawing/writing with touch and make it pen only. I use OneNote on my S P 3 daily and touch never registers as drawing or inking, it just pans and scrolls the page.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

Bandito

David,

It may depend on which version of OneNote that you're using. The full OneNote app that comes with Office has pen settings under the File tab, Options, Advanced. There you can turn on and off automatic switching between modes.

I'm not sure if the Metro UI-based version on OneNote will have the same setting or not.