What's new

Surface bricked?

Sin

I was curious what they renamed the original Surface. I guess our Surface RT are technically the 2.0 version and significantly more portable.

ZachBui

For me to get to the recovery menu, I just powered the device down fully. Hold Power+Volume down both at the same time until surface logo shows up, then immediately remove your fingers.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Our Surface RT would be the 3.0 device, as the 2.0 Device was a flatter version of the 1.0 which resembled the old Table Box Video Games of old and the 2.0 looked like a thick 50" LCD Screen that had legs like a table or could be wall mounted, also the 2.0 was much more affordable coming in at $7K rather then $18-40K :)

OP
K

Kal

Thanks for all your help. I just spoke to Microsoft and they say I will have to get a replacement. Only that i can not do that as i live in a country where it is not launched... So i will either have to wait and hope for it to be launched here, or contact MS Norway and see if I can get a refund.... I have been waiting for Surface for monts, so this Sucks!!! Barely got to use it for a few days