What's new

Surface Case Reviews

paesan

I bought my surface pro for work. I am an appraiser and need to use the surface pro out in the field while holding it with one hand. There is a case on amazon for the rt version that I like. It has a strap on the back that lets the user slide their hand in between the case and unit. This allows the user to hold the surface securely with one hand and using the stylus/touch screen with the other hand. I just don't feel very comfortable holding this with one hand without a case. One drop and it is all over.

emshighway

I bought my surface pro for work. I am an appraiser and need to use the surface pro out in the field while holding it with one hand. There is a case on amazon for the rt version that I like. It has a strap on the back that lets the user slide their hand in between the case and unit. This allows the user to hold the surface securely with one hand and using the stylus/touch screen with the other hand. I just don't feel very comfortable holding this with one hand without a case. One drop and it is all over.

Be careful and make sure it is for the pro. I got a case similar to what you described and it was for the RT and the Pro wouldn't fit.

paesan

Quote Originally Posted by DanielN View Post

I got it this week for $13.38 at Best Buy. Fits the Pro like a glove

I agree, I got the same exact one, it fits perfectly and the zipper also holds the stylus and a few memory cards.

I just picked up the same HP case for the surface pro and it is a nice fit. For the price $13.38 I figured this will hold me over until I can get the case that I want. Thanks

Nemesis296

I picked this case up this weekend, and I'm still not 100% convinced I like it. It's almost a little too bulky to be effective. While it's nice that it has pockets for all of my accessories, I'm kinda hoping there is a sleeve that will accomplish the same thing. This thing is almost like a backpack, and I'm not sure that's the best fit for me. $30 at your local Walmart though, so all things considered I could have done much worse.

0084795400131_500X500.jpg

*Be advised that most "universal" tablet cases will NOT fit the Pro.* I saw this awesome looking case by Targus and said it would fit any 10" tablets. Closer investigation showed it would fit up to 10.2" and the Pro is 10.8" long.

souldier

Here is what I use. It is a Tucano 10 inch net book case. I bought it 2 years ago for my laptop, and it is almost a perfect fit for my surface. I love it because it is very durable and it fits all that I need. You can see in the picture that it fits my power chords, blue tooth keyboard. I even put a Bluetooth mouse in it when I'm on the go. It also comes with a removable shoulder strap and has a very strong handle. When everything is zipped up, it looks nice and slim rather than bulky. If I have a lot more stuff to carry, I use my laptop backpack, which has a compartment for the surface.

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

Last edited:

Nemesis296

souldier, two questions.

1) Where can I buy that case?
2) What keyboard are you using? I have a Logitech keyboard (with Unifying compatibility) which came with my Logitech Revue, but the trackpad on the right side makes it too large for practical use with my Surface. I'm looking for a cheap alternative until I can stomach spending $130 on a Type cover.

souldier

I'm not sure where you can buy it now. I bought it 2 years ago at a store called futureshop, which is very comparable to best buy. You can go to your local store and find something like it if you cant find the exact one. I really love this particular one that I use though.

I am using the Logitech K810 Bluetooth keyboard, which is great because it doesn't use a USB port. It is also back lit and it a pleasure to type on. Search it up. It retails for $99. I bring it with me when I need to do heavy duty typing. In most cases, I am content with the touch cover though

souldier, two questions.

1) Where can I buy that case?
2) What keyboard are you using? I have a Logitech keyboard (with Unifying compatibility) which came with my Logitech Revue, but the trackpad on the right side makes it too large for practical use with my Surface. I'm looking for a cheap alternative until I can stomach spending $130 on a Type cover.