What's new

Poll Surface coating chipping

do you have coating chips on your surface screen

• Total voters

Sean

I've gone through quite a few defective/otherwise "imperfect" SP3 i7 256's before landing on my current one which aside from the faintest of yellow bars on the left side (completely bearable) is in fantastic out-of-box condition.

That being said, 2 of the ones I went through had a couple pen-tip sized bumps on the screen. I thought these were stuck-on bits of dirt or grime so I wiped and scratched at them and they came off to reveal little "craters." These weren't deep in fact you could barely feel them if you tried, but they were there and you could see this easily by catching their discoloration (they appear darker) in the right light.

Is this somewhat what you're experiencing?

OP
R

reptilebeats

I've gone through quite a few defective/otherwise "imperfect" SP3 i7 256's before landing on my current one which aside from the faintest of yellow bars on the left side (completely bearable) is in fantastic out-of-box condition.

That being said, 2 of the ones I went through had a couple pen-tip sized bumps on the screen. I thought these were stuck-on bits of dirt or grime so I wiped and scratched at them and they came off to reveal little "craters." These weren't deep in fact you could barely feel them if you tried, but they were there and you could see this easily by catching their discoloration (they appear darker) in the right light.

Is this somewhat what you're experiencing?
Yh pretty much like that except theres a pretty large one almost in the centre of the screen, if it was in the corner or something then I really wouldn't care, but currently I'm always hitting them while I draw

mitchellvii

I just noticed a tiny chip in the titanium coating of the case by my left speaker. Have no idea how that got there as nothing has hit that spot. Oh well, these hyperportable devices don't remain pristine for long. :)

MarkG

I purchased the i7 direct from Microsoft and found two rough patches about the size of the pushbutton end of the pen. Really difficult to spot but could be felt using the pen and if you applied your breath to the screen the marks showed up. Mines been in a case and has been treated well from day one. Just returned to Microsoft and hope I get a replacement without a mark. I could have lived with it but when you pay a premium price you want a premium product. Now its a matter of waiting for a week or two for a return.