What's new

Surface Design - Left Handed

bosamar

My prior boss was left-handed, just like many kind folks I know. The Surface RT (and perhaps the Pro, IDK) was designed for 'right-handers'. What I mean is the kickstand indentation on the left side of the RT. It's easy to pop out for us right-handers. IMO Microsoft Surface version 2 should have the same indentation on the right side, i.e. lefty-friendly. Thus this would require moving the power supply connection UP just a bit.

FFX

But wouldn't the kickstand indication being on the left side as of now, be better for leftys? Since they can use their "main" hand to open it?
And instead of making indications on both sides, wouldn't it be better having it on the bottom, and in the center of the kickstand? :)

Last edited:

kristalsoldier

But wouldn't the kickstand indication being on the left side as of now, be better for leftys? Since they can use their "main" hand to open it?
And instead of making indications on both sides, wouldn't it be better having it on the bottom, and in the center of the kickstand? :)

Yeah...politically, that would be the best option! :D

Russ

I am left handed and have no problem with this.

Aw, c'mon, Folks! Can we be serious?

I was born right-handed, but due to an accident, I have had to learn to be left-handed. I am surviving quite well and life goes on.

If this is the most serious complaint available, somebody needs to "get a life."

Regards,
Russ

J515OP

Super Moderator
I just want to know what is to be done for the people with no hands? Who is thinking of them when it comes to touch devices?

JP ;)

Russ

Kinda negates the purpose of the forum if you can't exchange ideas and opinions. lol

Bosamar --

Well, yeah, it does, but I was just disappointed that we skipped over the "Man's Inhumanity to Man" and "Why Good Things Happen to Bad People" discussions.

I was really looking forward to those.

:)

Talked to an associate in San Diego today. He said the weather there was downright vicious -- but maybe he was exaggerating since he knew I used to live there.

Take care,
Russ