What's new

Surface ethernet adapter and GPU stop working.

Colavsman

It seems like since the last update, my surface has had issues with detecting my USB surface ethernet adapter and GPU. I usually take my surface book to work and attach it to a surface dock (not the keyboard dock, I rarely detach from that.). I then remove it and take it home and attach it to a power adapter and a USB surface ethernet adapter at home. Since the last update, I have to totally restart for it to recognize the ethernet adapter and the GPU. I noticed the ethernet adapter not being recognized and when I went to the device manager, the GPU shows it's not working. Anyone else with this kind of issue? It has worked fine until last week after the updates.

Thanks.

Bandito

I haven't heard of anyone else with this particular problem, but I would first suspect that something's up with the mechanical connection between the Clipboard and the Keyboard.

You could, however, go through your update log to determine what was installed with your last updates and then delete them, along with their files, and let them reinstall to see if that fixes the issue.

If you just want to hit it with a hammer, you can reinstall all of the drivers at one time by downloading the .msi file from Microsoft or pick just the ones you want from the .zip version. The driver download is available here:

Download Surface Book Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center