Surface laptop not that popular?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Laptop' started by callihan_44, Aug 18, 2017.

1. MikemanSP4

MikemanSP4 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    I am now the proud owner of both a Surface Pro 4, and a brand spanking new PowerHouse, Surface Book2, 15 in, 1TB SSD, 16GB Ram - I am pleased with both machines. I am the Lead IT Tech for a company here in Germany and they are on the brink of spending a boatload of money on the SB2 15 Inch by investing in 12 of them. They are all around great machines and minus a small snaffu with my SP4 - which Microsoft promptly, (with a little bit of teeth pulling on their end) - I got a refurbished machine within 2 weeks. I was only without my machine for 1.5 Days total -

Overall - great machines. I cannot stand anything the ever so proprietary Apple people put out. It's their way, or the highway - Not what I am looking for in a machine as I want to be able to do whatever it is I want, without having to first "jailbreak / void warranty" a machine. Anyhow, for me - its BOO on the Apples.

2. John2k14

John2k14 New Member

I just bought a Surface Laptop a couple a months ago, but seeing the new SB2, I'm kind of drooling.
    What I've experience is that reselling Surface Laptop is much harder than selling a MB.
    I use my SL mostly for work related and I'm experience a significant wear on the alcantara.
    MBP have a substancial higher build quality compared with SB on the long term, and we can see that by looking at the amount of MBP experience problems on the long term compared with SB issue existing everywhere.
    It's such an expensive machine... I'm torn apart.

3. RUGGLES

RUGGLES New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I have SP4s, but I bought a MS refurb SL fully warrantyeed with the i5 4/128 for $500 so it was a bargain. It's just a really good laptop, but nothing really special in terms of breakthroughs. It has a touchscreeb, but not as flexible as my SP4s. It has the alcantara but who cares. It does the job and is convenient. I use it for mail, surfing, Word.