What's new

Surface Line Abandoned by Microsoft?

dniezby

Probably a story planted by Apple ahead of their iPad release :)

I could see the iPad 5 or whatever now, "The new state of the art technology. You can now do the same thing you could on iPad Air..BUT we made a shiny new case and added the thumbprint scanner. Oh and that thing that Microsoft phones and Android have had... Oh, Apple Pay..See, we created a cool name for something that's been out for a few years... That means it's new. " Still can't run true applications on it. Still doesn't have a real touch keyboard unless you buy one but that one won't attach and become one with the device. You can buy a fancy case THEN buy a keyboard though... Still won't be able to view flash sites, add memory or use your thumbdrives or anything that has a USB..

Well, guess the only thing Apple can say is - We're cheaper than Surface and it rings true, you get what you pay for.

Could you imagine if SP3 were only $500 LOL - Apple who? Buubbye

RémiM

I could see the iPad 5 or whatever now, "The new state of the art technology. You can now do the same thing you could on iPad Air..BUT we made a shiny new case and added the thumbprint scanner. Oh and that thing that Microsoft phones and Android have had... Oh, Apple Pay..See, we created a cool name for something that's been out for a few years... That means it's new. " Still can't run true applications on it. Still doesn't have a real touch keyboard unless you buy one but that one won't attach and become one with the device. You can buy a fancy case THEN buy a keyboard though... Still won't be able to view flash sites, add memory or use your thumbdrives or anything that has a USB..

Well, guess the only thing Apple can say is - We're cheaper than Surface and it rings true, you get what you pay for.

Could you imagine if SP3 were only $500 LOL - Apple who? Buubbye

We can't spit on Apple all the time. Neither on Google.

Apple do very well what they do.
Google do very well what they do.
And so does Microsoft.
Three different approaches (but not so different finally).
Three big competitors. The three best actually.
And without Apple and Google, we would have never had the Surface Pro 3 in our hands.

malberttoo

Microsoft has clearly stated that they are in the Surface business for the foreseeable future, and are making that loud and clear as they try to court Enterprise adoption.

Articles like the OP completely smack of FUD planted by someone.

Kif

Like someone already mentioned it's probably the Arm line surface products which is dead and Digitimes probably screwed up the story. That theory makes sense to me.

VickiFL

I have been out and about, sitting at places in public with my new SP3 and Lumia 1520. Every single time, at least TWO (usually more) people start up a conversation about both devices, and how cool they are. I feel like a Microsoft salesman showing them both off to them, and what they can do. Every single person walked away saying they wanted one! :)

I deserve a commission from MS. LOL

tat3406

This BS article remind me the story of MS Xbox. Xbox launched in 2001, the sale is not good until today compared to Sony PS. But Xbox still alive after a decade. I know this is total different market, but MS is not a company easily give up.

InspectHerGadget

I have been out and about, sitting at places in public with my new SP3 and Lumia 1520. Every single time, at least TWO (usually more) people start up a conversation about both devices, and how cool they are. I feel like a Microsoft salesman showing them both off to them, and what they can do. Every single person walked away saying they wanted one! :)

I deserve a commission from MS. LOL

I have the 1520 and SP3 too. I've never had anyone come up to me in a cafe but I do I.T. and computer based work and I visit homes and businesses. People are always interested in the writing on the Surface. They often ask if it is an Apple product, the assumption being if it looks sexy, compact and expensive, it must be an Apple product.

I always emphasise how the devices work together with the OneDrive and cloud service and integration with Office 365.