Surface Phone is rumored, but should be coming soonish...?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Phone Forum' started by dgstorm, Apr 25, 2016.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

When do you folks think Microsoft will finally launch the Surface Phone?

2. Pedrom

Pedrom Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    October 4th 2017

Do I get a free one if I'm right? ;)

3. kojack

kojack New Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    I am in the don't hold your breath camp. WP is DONE. As a lover of the platform it pains me to say it. MS and Nutella is bailing on the platform. Actually satya never wanted it. He is all about apple. So was Joe B. as well. When your CEO and 1 one point man for windows phone development are running apple phones......it tells a lot. That is like the CEO of Mercedes driving an audi or bmw. I am gone to apple very soon so I can have the apps I need to conduct business correctly. I need square payment. an a full blown virtual phone app.

4. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Windows Phone has been dead just prior to the Windows 10 Mobile release, 3G, LTE, 4G is a feature of hardware that is supported on Windows 10 Mobile but at the end of the day Windows 10 is Windows 10 is Windows 10....some devices at 3.8" screens, some are 7-9 inch screens, some are screenless (IoT) and some have 84" screens and make calls.

Smaller Windows 10 devices are targeted a specific markets the same as the IoT and Surface Hubs are....

5. kayzee

kayzee Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro
    I wanted one so bad for a while... but now it'd be too little too late. Windows Phone is dead, move on people.

6. Pedrom

Pedrom Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    With a heavy heart, I jumped ship last week. No decent phones out atm without selling a kidney first (what's up with that?). Ended up getting a used S6. I really don't like Android much, but found a half decent WP launcher, so at least it kinda looks like home... ;)

I've still got hopes a decent WP will come out next year - I've not given up completely!