What's new

Surface Pro 2 1.9 CPU Lot Numbers

InkyRag

Has anyone actually received an SP2 512 GB with the new processor. I read the entire thread but I did not see confirmation that anyone had specifically received the new processor on a 512 GB unit. I ordered mine this weekend from Microsoft Direct (US) and will have it tomorrow. I am wondering if I have a shot at receiving one with the 4300u.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Has anyone actually received an SP2 512 GB with the new processor. I read the entire thread but I did not see confirmation that anyone had specifically received the new processor on a 512 GB unit. I ordered mine this weekend from Microsoft Direct (US) and will have it tomorrow. I am wondering if I have a shot at receiving one with the 4300u.

Check with Pentad in post #131 and benjitek back in post #117 as both of them talked customer service into calling the warehouse to specifically request the 4300u processors. I think Pentad is still waiting as of the 18th but haven't heard back from benjitek in several days now.

InkyRag

An update to my other post:

Since I called the MS Store and ordered a SP2 512GB w/4300 CPU the shipment is coming from a Canadian warehouse. Before my other 2 orders came from the warehouse in Grove City, Ohio. I wonder if Grove City still has old stock?

Just an FYI,
-P

Are you sure that wasn't Ontario, CA? I just got the tracking number for mine showing it coming from Ontario, CA which could be easily confused with Ontario in Canada.

al2fast

I just scored my Surface Pro 2 256GB today from the MS store in Milwaukee WI. Got a call about noon today that they had more in. I have the 4300 and the lot is 1402. Too bad they were out of all of the type covers (well except pink) and they were all out of the arc mouse surface edition as well. I see BB is stocked with covers, but that mouse is more elusive. At least I got a touch cover from my Surface RT to use til I get the new cover. This PC rocks!!

crash1977

I was supposed to get a 4300... CS rep said calling warehouse bla bla... got a Lot 1350 which had a 4200u processor. :(

tre

Hi! I just ordered a SP 2 (128GB) today from the MicrosoftStore.com.

I called support to verify that i could get the new CPU, but they couldn't tell if I were getting the new or the old.

Has anyone ordered a SP 2 (128GB) from the MicrosoftStore.com in Europe and gotten the new 4300U? I think they are all send from a warehouse in The Netherlands..

InkyRag

Twice... Once on Jan 11th... returned and ordered again on the 16th due to their "promise" of new processor.

Seriously MS needs to get their act together...

I ordered my 512GB SP2 on the Jan 18th and got it a few minutes ago. I am happy to say that I got a 1352 lot number and the 4300u processor.

Pentad

Hello all, just an update:

I will receive my SP2 tomorrow. I ordered mine (SP2 512GB) on 01/15 so I am a bit nervous since Crash1977 got the old CPU even though he was promised the 4300. Though Inkyrag got the new one.

I also screwed up Ontario, CA. Inkrag was right. D'oh!

I wanted overnight shipping but the guy accidentally setup standard shipping. We'll see tomorrow.

I have two refunds coming from MS (both SP2 512GB that I sent back). The folks in India keep telling me that it should appear on my credit card but my bank does not have any info on it yet. I really hope I don't have to send another one back. :-(

I will post tomorrow on what arrives.

-P