What's new

Surface Pro 2.5?

MickeyLittle

My comment should be fairly neutral, only that the chips are behaving differently. That said if you noticed good battery life with the 4200U on high performance it was because it wasn't pushing the system to hard. You won't see the same with the 4300U unless you set it to balanced or power saver.

But owning the 4300U is positive. You win because the chip is performing at least 10% faster with every test I try and battery life is about the same. But note, these are CPU intensive tasks.

I don't/won't notice the speed because I only use my Surface for Office, email, websurfing, to-do apps, and other very minor things. I'm more concerned with battery life.

eelpout

Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but since I exchanged the 4200 for the 4300 BatteryBar is showing that I am constantly getting between 8 and 8.5 hours of battery life. I do not have the December firmware update installed. I have the same usage pattern and configuration as I had with the 4200 where I was averaging about 7 hours of battery life. Interesting.
What's your Power Plan set up like?