What's new

Surface Pro 2 Charger

The MacBook Air adapter is larger than the Surface Pro 2, it's basically moving thing differently. Also it doesn't have a USB charging port which also required room inside for the port.
But I agree, they should have a way to wrap the cables around. Having something like the Dell old power adapter where you can wrap the cables (both) around the power adapter itself, and have a rubber tie or sort which is attached to the power adapter to hold everything together is best.

Like so:
F0LYA75GA5PSX9W.LARGE.jpg

Ok, that person didn't do a great job, but you get the idea.

You say that Macbook Air adapter is larger than SP2 ? , where did you saw that ? , this is the Air changer , it is significantly smaller than the SP2 charger and has two hooks for charging cable.

apple-adapter.jpg

kozak79

You say that Macbook Air adapter is larger than SP2 ? , where did you saw that ? , this is the Air changer , it is significantly smaller than the SP2 charger and has two hooks for charging cable.

apple-adapter.jpg

It doesn't look significantly smaller. Looks to be larger or about the same size.

kozak79

That's not significantly smaller. The apple has better cable management. I use the 24W Surface charger when traveling, it's pretty light and charges just fine.

drolem

I searched for "ipad charger", and according to https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3511 it is only 12 watts, exactly 1/4 of the Surface charger.

So find a better comparison -- for that many watts, it should be roughly 1/4 of the SP charger, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Apples and oranges, so to speak. ;)

I searched for "ipad charger", and according to https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3511 it is only 12 watts, exactly 1/4 of the Surface charger.

So find a better comparison -- for that many watts, it should be roughly 1/4 of the SP charger, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Apples and oranges, so to speak. ;)

Just come out of your apple hate and see my post that its not an ipad chargers its a macbook air 11inch charger. And its smaller as its easy to carry around , i don't have issue with the weight but the issue is with the dimensions due to which it is difficult to adjust in many sleeve bags.

kozak79

Here is the MacBook Air charger compared to the Surface RT/ 2 charger (which I use with my Surface Pro 2).

chargers_front.JPG
charger_side.JPG

mtalinm

An MIT spinoff called FINsix (don't ask where they got the weird name) has solved the "laptop brick" problem. They pre-announced at CES and will ship this summer for a few different PCs. Doubt there is enough market share of Surface Pro for them to bother, but we'll see. One of the founders is my former student