What's new

Surface Pro 2 Support the absolute worst I have ever dealt with!

eclipse1701d

So, here's my story. I am an I.T. Professional helping over 20 companies and supporting over 250 employees. I purchased a Surface Pro 2 512GB for myself and hoped to convince everyone that this would be the way to go for all mobile personnel slowly replacing their Apple and Android devices. My Pro worked for 20 days and then failed after the December 10 firmware update and would only boot to the UEFI screen. I contacted support on Dec 12th and was told that I would receive a replacement device with instructions to come via email within three business days. After five days and no email I again contacted support. I was promptly given a fedex shipping label with instructions to send the device to the Texas Service Center which received my device on December 17th. Then, on December 18th, I receive an email from escalations with return instructions for my device. I replied and said that it was already returned and they promptly CLOSED the escalation request!

Fast forward to today December 30th. I have no contact from Surface Support and only a Service Notation that my device was received and inspected on December 17th. I AGAIN contacted support and was given a THIRD service request number and another promise to receive an email in THREE business days about what is happening with my device. In COMPLETE FRUSTRATION I called Microsoft Corporate and was told that there was no one I could speak with and that I could email corporate support, BUT, that I would have to wait another THREE business days for a response.

I have dealt with many companies, Dell, HP, CDW, etc. I have NEVER received such an astonishing level of blatant disregard for a customer who received a product that failed within 30 days of receiving it! If I ever treated my customers with this level of incompetence, I would be living in a cardboard box! How could I in good conscience recommend this product to ANY of my customers knowing that if it fails, they could expect to wait 20 or 30 days for a resolution... I am utterly disappointed with Microsoft at this point... I am far from an Apple fan, I don't like working on them OR using them, but at least they answer the phone, talk to their customers and resolve their issues! Who knew that when Microsoft took the START Menu away, it was a sign that they were going to START ignoring their corporate customers every way they know how!

Last edited:

ra535i

I have to agree with you on the support end. I've personally had a nasty light leak issue with my surface pro 128gb and upon filling out the form for service the system locked up and left my request in limbo. I couldn't fill out a new one because the serial # already had a request pending, and it just sat there. I'm not joking when I say I spoke to 10 people at minimum with no resolution. I kept getting the same answer over and over again that they couldn't do anything until the previous request got cancelled. Finally when I threatened to return my wife's brand new surface 2 pro 128gb magically the request cleared and I was able to send it back. For a software first company, their in house "software" for managing cases is complete shit.

OP
E

eclipse1701d

I am sorry to hear that, but not suprised. I have taken off from work today and made it my mission for anyone who will listen to BEWARE of what they will face if they have a problem. I just completed filing a complaint with the BBB in Washington and am waiting for a call back from my Credit Card company to dispute the charge for this purchase. They have my device and no one seems to care less about the end user. I firmly believe that Microsoft's venture into hardware will be their undoing. There is not a single company large or as small as a mom and pop store that I have EVER dealt with that treats their customer with such blatant disregard. I am seriously considering migrating my customers from Exchange Server to Google Docs/Mail after this. I am not some little guy who plays with computers. I directly influence many companies purchase and I.T. desicions and this is the last straw for me...

OP
E

eclipse1701d

Thank you! I am doing it now! In addition, I have posted my comment to the response section of over 15 websites/blogs with articles about the Surface Pro 2. If Microsoft is going to treat me like this, I am going to let EVERYONE no what they are getting into if the purchase a Surface Pro 2...

In my over four decades of living on this earth I have NEVER posted a malicious comment about a company until now. I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Last edited: