What's new

Surface Pro 2017 Benchmarks (and Anomalies)

^ Back then I only had basic apps like office and store apps and just wanted to see how this performs. You'll probably get the same score if you had just clean installed Windows.

Now I have so much more programs installed and a bunch of Windows updates have gone by so I do think mine will score lower this time. Will try again soon with fully loaded apps.

Looking at it. I'm the only one in the 4000 club hehe.

Just updated my PC Mark 10 score with all programs I have installed, Spotify, Tidal, Cyberlink Media stuff, work related programs, Steam with CS:GO, rar extractor, plus a whole lots of apps from Windows store since the last benchmark, it's still right at the ballpark! Still over 4000 scores with PC Mark 10:

I scored 4 072 in PCMark 10
Capture.PNG

Mike007

Can you post your maximum CPU temperatures when this test has ran? (use HWmonitor)

I have a feeling mine will be thermal throttling during the test and bringing the result down.

Can you post your maximum CPU temperatures when this test has ran? (use HWmonitor)

I have a feeling mine will be thermal throttling during the test and bringing the result down.

Unfortunately, I did not have HWmonitor running at the time of the bench. Maybe PCMark's info would suffice?

The Max temp I get is 90 degrees Celsius and during the rendering, I can sustain the temps from 86-90 degrees so no thermal throttling whatsoever. CPU frequency decreases a lot though as it has to share the power when the GPU is fully loaded:
Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

wpcoe

I'm jealous of you folks getting 4000+ on PCMark. I just downloaded the free version, ran the test a couple times and the highest I got was 3400. :(

Check your detailed monitoring graphs and compare to mine. If you're not getting 4.0 GHz for the most part, you won't get the 4000+ scores

I'm new to PCMark. Do I get access to the monitoring graphs with the free version? If so, how?

I didn't know the free version doesn't have access to monitoring feature. I paid for the advanced version for a discount back then when PC Mark 10 debuted in late June.

wpcoe

I didn't know the free version doesn't have access to monitoring feature. I paid for the advanced version for a discount back then when PC Mark 10 debuted in late June.
I don't know that the free version doesn't have access to monitoring. But, I also don't know how you are supposed to access the graphs. I see several features greyed out with pop-ups saying the paid version is needed to use those features, but I don't see anything obvious that would lead to the monitoring graphs.

How do you access those graphs with the paid version and I'll see if it's possible with the free version?

I don't know that the free version doesn't have access to monitoring. But, I also don't know how you are supposed to access the graphs. I see several features greyed out with pop-ups saying the paid version is needed to use those features, but I don't see anything obvious that would lead to the monitoring graphs.

How do you access those graphs with the paid version and I'll see if it's possible with the free version?

After benchmarks is done, I scroll down until I see monitoring then toggle it to view all the details
Untitled.jpg