What's new

Surface Pro 3 App Idea

UserID

Does an app exist that would allow me to trigger the camera with the purple Surface Pen button? Could it be made? Would anyone else have a use for this?

ctitanic

There is not such App yet. But you can take a screen shot having the camera App running by double clicking the purple button.

daveyp

Can this be used to customize the other buttons on the pen?
the other buttons are not bluetooth so it wouldn't be a long-distance kind of thing; so even if you could what would be the point?

If you mean customize as the wacom drivers allow you to, I dont believe that is available (yet)

kozak79

Well, as it is, the buttons on the SP3 pen are useless. If you can add Right Click (not Hold button and tap to Right Click) and Middle Click, or Alt, then you can actually use it in tablet mode with applications like Zbrush and Mudbox.

M.Y.

Well, as it is, the buttons on the SP3 pen are useless. If you can add Right Click (not Hold button and tap to Right Click) and Middle Click, or Alt, then you can actually use it in tablet mode with applications like Zbrush and Mudbox.
Non digital artist people don't know that middle click and right click are vital for us and that we need to use them while pressing other buttons and dragging the stylus.

I share your pain, I've just bought my SP3 yesterday and found that the pen as it is, is useless. I need to connect a mouse or a pen tablet to be able to work with it.

Gary.M

I can confirm that the button closest to the pen nib acts as an ALT button in Zbrush. I was pleasantly surprised :)