What's new

Surface Pro 3 deals here!

bulls96

So you're in the market for a surface pro 3? Lets start this thread for deals you find everywhere to get one.

For starters, this is the best I have so far

Microsoft store 10% student discount (they don't ask for ID's or emails!)

+

Fatwallet 8% cash back offer

=

18% off

$934.80 for a 125gb core i5 with type cover

Lets see if anyone can beat that or find something else! :)

NOTE: Fatwallet cash back ends today!! (6/15)

scfoster

How exactly does one obtain the discount? I went to Fatwallet.com and saw the 8% cash back offer, but when one clicks through to order the Surface Pro 3, the regular pricing is displayed. No 8% back or 10% student discount.

**EDIT** I clicked through FatWallet and placed the order in the Microsoft store but at no point was the 10% student discount offered. Called Microsoft Store customer service and they applied the 10% discount. However, the confirmation email showed a different order number.

So, not sure if I'll get the 8% through Fat Wallet. I logged a case with them to see what can be done.

Last edited:
OP
bulls96

bulls96

You have to go to the Microsoft student store website first out your stuff in the cart. Log in of course. Then open another browser to go to fatwallet, click thru there and just go to the cart and the student discounted items will be there.

CrippsCorner

How exactly does one obtain the discount? I went to Fatwallet.com and saw the 8% cash back offer, but when one clicks through to order the Surface Pro 3, the regular pricing is displayed. No 8% back or 10% student discount.

**EDIT** I clicked through FatWallet and placed the order in the Microsoft store but at no point was the 10% student discount offered. Called Microsoft Store customer service and they applied the 10% discount. However, the confirmation email showed a different order number.

So, not sure if I'll get the 8% through Fat Wallet. I logged a case with them to see what can be done.

Did you actually 'buy' the Surface online in the end? If so you should get your cash back... strangely enough I actually had an issue with Quidco when I bought mine and asked for them to look into it and I ended up getting double cash back :p was around £65 in the end.

ipaq_101

I pre-ordered on the night of announcement. They had a $100 off coupon for Grads and in addition I got 10% off for students. The total with tax with the type cover (i5/8GB/256GB) was $1280, I also used discover to buy it so that should get me another 5% if it worked right and get my total down to $1225.

Staples has 15% off technology coupon ending today, in store only. Bought a Surface Pro i5 256gb for $1,104 before tax. Then got 5% cash back using my Chase Ink Bold which gets 5% at office supply stores. All in with tax after all discounts is $1,115.

Then went to MS Store where they said they would price match if I wanted to buy from them, but declined since I would lose the 5% credit card cash back which is about $58. i did buy a bundle from them though. MS Complete protection for my Pro 3, Type Cover, and a $40 case for $250. 1% credit card cash back.

So all in out the door price including tax (CT) and subtracting discounts and credit card cash back paid $1,378 or so for the Surface Pro 3 i5 256gb, MS Complete protection, Type Cover, and a case. not bad since just the surface alone with tax and no discounts would be $1,381.48.

this deal ends today, in store only, coupon code 32646. Also, even though its in store, you can order on their kiosk in store, choose to ship to your house and then choose option to pay at register. this allowed me to get the i5 256gb when in store they only carried the 128gb and were sold out.

you may also be able to get ms store to price match which I did, but ymmv. if i wasnt losing $50+ by doing this I would have taken their offer to get my Surface then and there with a longer return window. they did have presale on the kiosks for the i7 and i3 models, but not sure if the discount would work with that but could be worth a try for 15-20% off.

what sucks is i got a $500 award at work that can be used to order a staples gift card but it would have not made it to me in time for this promo. Would have been nice to apply towards the surface with the discounts. but i am about to get an offer for new job, won a weight loss contest for $5,000 this week, and get about $200 cash back per month on credit card MS so felt like I deserved a present for myself. might go back to school within a few months and Surface would be perfect

Last edited:

scfoster

Did you actually 'buy' the Surface online in the end? If so you should get your cash back... strangely enough I actually had an issue with Quidco when I bought mine and asked for them to look into it and I ended up getting double cash back :p was around £65 in the end.

I did finally get all the appropriate discounts but it took A LOT of work! Many many calls until MS finally assigned someone to shepherd the pricing issue.

Kif

Nice that every is suddenly a student. I bought my from Best Buy with a 10% off coupon.

Microsoft store currently has a back to school promotion with $150 off a PC + Office 364 bundle and it can be stacked on top of the 10% education discount. This is how I purchased my Surface Pro 3.