What's new

Surface Pro 3 Event on June 20

MickeyLittle

Yes and because of that it looks like we probably won't be getting our SP3s shipped early as it looks like they want the Apple effect of the first tablets actually entering customers hands from the Microsoft Stores bright and early 6/20 before UPS or FedEx make their deliveries.

OP
D

dgwoodward

Agreed. And yes I will be one of those guys there bright and early. Have waited in line for iPads and will show up early for the SP3.

daniielrp

Just so long as they are not like those gut-wrenchingly awkward Windows 7 launch parties.... :p

[video=youtube;vLR12y5S68U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLR12y5S68U[/video]

Last edited:

scottysize

Just so long as they are not like those gut-wrenchingly awkward Windows 7 launch parties.... :p

[video=youtube;vLR12y5S68U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLR12y5S68U[/video]

Apple does it a little better, but not much :)

[video=youtube;eJcxJDBeUKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJcxJDBeUKk[/video]

MickeyLittle

Nice!

So I assume if I pre-ordered online that I won't be able to pick up in-store? Maybe I should order from the store instead.

Correct. For us who ordered online we are hoping to get ours on the 20th delivered to our houses. But for others who want to get theirs in BB or Microsoft store then go there and hope they have enough stock for you. It's a gamble either way. For us we may find out that they ship on the 20th and we don't get them until the 24th-25th due to the 20th being a Friday.

Jvette

I can tell you one guy who won't mess with going to a store to get one. Mine is ordered and will arrive at my work when it gets there. I might be getting old but I just don't get anything out of those launch day things.

MickeyLittle

I'm in my mid-fifties and it's hard to beat standing/sitting in line for a new iPad/iPhone even though it's been 2 years since I've been an i owner. I've never camped or spent the night but I love the atmosphere/excitement. It's almost like the forum here but in person.

To each his own.

bamaster

I just drove to my local store and pre-ordered another one. No credit card required... just an email address. They said that as long as I order by tomorrow, I'm guaranteed one on the 20th. They open at 10am (7am-9am for corporate pre-orders) so I'll be there at 11am. I'm going to try to win a door prize! Hawaii here I come!

Now I need to cancel my online order.

Jvette

I just drove to my local store and pre-ordered another one. No credit card required... just an email address. They said that as long as I order by tomorrow, I'm guaranteed one on the 20th. They open at 10am (7am-9am for corporate pre-orders) so I'll be there at 11am. I'm going to try to win a door prize! Hawaii here I come!

Now I need to cancel my online order.

I had ordered one and after I ordered it I decided to upgrade to the I5/256 so I had to call them to cancel. What a mess it was. It took me an hour talking to someone in India to get it canceled. They couldn't find my email address, then they couldn't access my order, then they had to put me on hold for 2 minutes, that happened 5 times. It almost got funny it took so long.

bamaster

Yikes! It took me about 10 minutes. I had my order number and email, so that helped I guess. They were really trying to convince me not to cancel. Even after I told them that I pre-ordered in a store. I guess they are measured on how many cancellations they prevent.