What's new

Surface Pro 3 firmware and Intel Graphics HD update?

Vega Secure'A

I've been hearing (reading) about these two updates that will "Surface" soon. I say soon because my Windows Update doesn't have it yet. But I have read people who have gotten the update and others who have gotten the update but it failed to install.

Ordnas

Are they as good as the Intel drivers? The original surface graphic drivers caused colour crushing, especially with dark, black scenes. Would be interesting to know if these official updated ones solve the problem?

Compusmurf

I got it on Win 10, both installed fine. doing the color test, everything is good on my device. I do NOT know what was in the firmware one tho, no info posted yet.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never noticed anything unsatisfying about the colours using stock drivers so never looked into intel's own drivers, but i had this update (win 10) and nothing has changed so far as i can tell. One of those updates where to all intents and purposes it just seems to have been for the sake of it. I wasn't experiencing any issues of any kind before, so i can't identify what they have fixed now. So most likely just some stuff way beneath the surface that isn't readily identifiable. I don't know, what would i know? I'm just drinking good good wine and eating mcdonalds double cheeseburgers. I try not to worry about the little things in life :p

Ryan Simmons

Is anyone able to tell me what the driver version for the Intel HD card in Device Manager. I'm on 8.1 Pro and on .4029