What's new

Solved Surface Pro 3 i7 HD5000 Graphics Panel Lost

bluegrass

I followed the link, downloaded and installed the Intel driver and everything went well. I don't notice that the screen is any better. Should it be? I opened up the Intel control panel and observed all the setting. I didn't see anything that I would change so I'm not sure that there is any advantage in using the Intel driver versus the one that Microsoft installs.

megatronium

I followed the link, downloaded and installed the Intel driver and everything went well. I don't notice that the screen is any better. Should it be? I opened up the Intel control panel and observed all the setting. I didn't see anything that I would change so I'm not sure that there is any advantage in using the Intel driver versus the one that Microsoft installs.

If you use Adobe CC 2014 or 3D applications that use Open GL, the SP3 will report the driver incompatible with your gfx card and revert to software for hardware acceleration. With these drivers installed, the aforementioned software will use the OpenCL features of the intel HD 5000.

OP
L

Lawrence Overman

Thanks for all the help yesterday. I tested the settings with BF4 and I can not see any difference but at least I now have the options available. :)