What's new

Surface Pro 3 pen Random Inking

JingMing

Just wondering has anyone have same issues as mine as shown in the video that i uploaded? I am just get frustrated with this issue whenever I am using my sp3 for work. Anyway to solve this issue? FYI I have updated all my firmware @window update

ctitanic

Go to Control Panel

Capture.JPG

ctitanic

If nothing of what have been said helps then you should exchange your Surface because it's defective.

YES! I have this same exact problem but I didn't know how to word it. I also calibrated it via control panel and it didn't help.

Liam2349

YES! I have this same exact problem but I didn't know how to word it. I also calibrated it via control panel and it didn't help.

Calibrating can break the pen input, so better to just reset the calibration.

Also, try removing and re-inserting the AAAA battery.

Feoen

I have had the same issue since I got my SP3, which is a launch-day unit. It may have to do with the digitizer built into the screen, as mine has the issue in the exact same spot as demonstrated in the video above. I take notes during class holding the SP3 vertically, and I often find that I will be unable to write in that area or it will write 3-4 inches lower than where I am touching.

However, I am wondering if this could be a software issue. I believe that I have found, through practice, that this is a result of the palm rejection becoming confused as the area where the pen should be drawing.

Essentially, you can keep picking the pen up and trying to write again, but as long as your palm is still resting on the screen it will still write in the incorrect location. If you pick up your palm, it should write correctly.

Thus, any time this happens to me I just pick up my palm quickly and it begins to write correctly again.