What's new

Solved Surface Pro 3 - Photo App not working

scottyb159

Ok, very odd issue. My photo app on my Surface Pro 3 will not show my photos from files or the camera roll. It only shows photos from Onedrive. I am also unable to create a new folder from the main screen of the photo app. I spent two hours with tech support on the phone and after a fresh windows install was told to bring back to a store. The store swapped it out and the new one does the exact same thing. I have other windows tablets and do not have any problem.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would seem to be an issue tied to your account. Try a different account to verify it will work.

OP
S

scottyb159

Not sure why it would be my account as I use this account on several other tablets and it works fine but I will try that as well.

OP
S

scottyb159

The photos app has no where to change accounts so not sure how I would I change and I only have one Microsoft account

BillJ

You might want to go to the "pictures library" in the file explorer, and choose "properties" after a right click. That will bring up a dialogue showing the folders included in your pictures library. Make sure that you have not only the OneDrive pictures folder there, but also the pictures folder native to your device.

BillJ

The reason the replacement device did not "fix" the problem, I suspect is because you had your settings saved in OneDrive and simply copied those settings to the new machine. I am sorry you went through all of that grief for such a simple fix; not sure why tech support or the store people did not think of this.

Anyway, I am glad that worked for you.