What's new

Surface Pro 3 Popularity - My Observations

sleith001

As of the popularity of SP3, no one has a clue. Some journalists claim they know, but they don't. I would like to share a couple things I found. Hope others cans share more.

First thing I notice is right in this forums, within 1.5 months of availability (US, Canada), number of threads and discussions is exceeding most of previous versions, at this rate, it can over take every other threads soon.

Second, I go to bestbuy.com checked reviews, the number grows much faster than all previous versions in similar time frame. Also it grows steadily after initial surge.

This is not scientific, but those things usually reflect interests and sales reliably. What you think?

ctitanic

I'll add that it's the version that had more acceptance i the On line press which is written mostly by Apple fans.

mohcho

It's a growing market. People still don't fully get the hybrid that the Surface line is. Anything that looks thin and without an attached keyboard is ONLY a tablet, and not a full computer, hence it's only for consumption.

Once people see the features and benefits, only then will they understand why the Surface line and the SP3's benefits.

GerardT84

I frequent a coffee shop after work a few times a week just to kick back....and whenever I bring the Surface Pro 3 in there it definitely turns heads and people have asked me what machine do I have or if that is a keyboard attachment to a tablet. The convenience, power, and portability of the Surface Pro 3 makes it an awesome machine that will only continue to get more popular over time.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll add that it's the version that had more acceptance i the On line press which is written mostly by Apple fans.

Being new to this, and another surfaace forum, i can't very well speak for past surface releases, but i was pleasantly surprised while reading through threads to read of how many apple users have happily replaced their ipad or macbook air with this. Has to be something right about the product for that kind of happy to swap reaction.

M

ManUnited

i was pleasantly surprised while reading through threads to read of how many apple users have happily replaced their ipad or macbook air with this.

This fits my case perfectly. I have a MacBook Pro Retina and an iPad mini. The MBP is provided by my University and the iPad is mine. However, when I teach, I wanted to have one device to carry from home to office to class. The SP3 fit this idea.

However, I am struggling with the poor battery life. Both the MBP and iPad last the entire day and I need not bring a charger to campus. As of now, I cannot achieve that with the SP3. This may seem like a small issue to some, but it is a vital matter for me.

olimjj

This fits my case perfectly. I have a MacBook Pro Retina and an iPad mini. The MBP is provided by my University and the iPad is mine. However, when I teach, I wanted to have one device to carry from home to office to class. The SP3 fit this idea.

However, I am struggling with the poor battery life. Both the MBP and iPad last the entire day and I need not bring a charger to campus. As of now, I cannot achieve that with the SP3. This may seem like a small issue to some, but it is a vital matter for me.

Albeit not esthically pleasing it will work with the power keyboard (now discontinued) to give you extra battery time. You should be able to pick one up on e-bay.

Last edited:
M

ManUnited

Albeit not ethically pleasing it will work with the power keyboard (now discontinued) to give you extra battery time. You should be able to pick one up on e-bay.

A colleague of mine has one and uses a SP1. It's a thick monster, but it gets him through the day.

dman27

Albeit not ethically pleasing it will work with the power keyboard (now discontinued) to give you extra battery time. You should be able to pick one up on e-bay.

Are you using a power Cover with the sp3?

If so, what increases in buttery times are you seeing?

bluegrass

I found a simple solution. I use mine at home and at work. I just purchased a 2nd charger and now keep one on my desk at work.

olimjj

Are you using a power Cover with the sp3?

If so, what increases in buttery times are you seeing?

My SP3 will not be ordered until September; but I do know that Microsoft has added a patch to be able to use it with the SP3. I cannot tell you from experience how much extra time it will provide, but perhaps some other users can provide that. I will be able to personally comment in September.

mseck99

My SP3 will not be ordered until September; but I do know that Microsoft has added a patch to be able to use it with the SP3. I cannot tell you from experience how much extra time it will provide, but perhaps some other users can provide that. I will be able to personally comment in September.

I gained another 6 hours of productivity with the Power keyboard.

Attachments

• Power Cover.jpg
    Power Cover.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 405