What's new

Surface pro 3 stuttering

stijn2k6

Hello,

New owner of a surface pro 3. I wanted to use my surface pro 3 to watch a movie on netflix but it was a horrid. The screen was stuttering really bad. I was able to see the movie quite okayish but couldn't see the movie like this. Anyone else having problems with this? Same goes for youtube or any other streaming to my tv. The surface pro 3 is connected to my Samsung 82CM full HD tv.

Kind regards, Stijn

Ps; is the pen click to open onenote desktop default already fixed?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
generally no, people aren't having this issue.

You didn't say how your connecting to the TV... cable? What kind (miniDP to HDMI)? or wireless/miracast?

I have no idea what this means: "I was able to see the movie quite okayish but couldn't see the movie like this"

How is it if you play a saved/downloaded video? on the SP3??? and played on the TV???

How is watching netflix or youtube on the SP3 without the TV??? ok??? or does that also have problems.

OP
S

stijn2k6

generally no, people aren't having this issue.

You didn't say how your connecting to the TV... cable? What kind (miniDP to HDMI)? or wireless/miracast?

I have no idea what this means: "I was able to see the movie quite okayish but couldn't see the movie like this"

How is it if you play a saved/downloaded video? on the SP3??? and played on the TV???

How is watching netflix or youtube on the SP3 without the TV??? ok??? or does that also have problems.

I ment that it wasn't enjoyable to watch the movie because the stuttering was too harsh.... Sorry rage type

I'm using the wireless adapter that came with my sp3 ( Microsoft official).

Netflix on the sp3 not connected to the tv is smooth and I'm browsing in chrome... It can't be possible the sp3 packs a too small of a punch to stream it... Right?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I ment that it wasn't enjoyable to watch the movie because the stuttering was too harsh.... Sorry rage type

I'm using the wireless adapter that came with my sp3 ( Microsoft official).

Netflix on the sp3 not connected to the tv is smooth and I'm browsing in chrome... It can't be possible the sp3 packs a too small of a punch to stream it... Right?
Are you using Chromecast for the TV connection?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oop one more thing I should have asked... is this on Windows 10 or 8.1?

And just to confirm you're using this Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

As far as power, i'm sure it has the horsepower to do it... I've done it with a Surface 2 and that's got less than half the power.

Last edited:
OP
S

stijn2k6

Are you using Chromecast for the TV connection?
as said; no, im using the windows official as quoted by Greyfox7

Oop one more thing I should have asked... is this on Windows 10 or 8.1?

And just to confirm you're using this Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

As far as power, i'm sure it has the horsepower to do it... I've done it with a Surface 2 and that's got less than half the power.

Confirmed, using this adapter

OP
S

stijn2k6

Windows 10 is the os. I don't know wether it was before in 8.1 since I bought it and instantly updatet it to 10...
Kind regards

tabularasa35

I had the same issue. The issue was that my SP3 was pushing out a higher resolution than my TV supported. I changed the resolution on my SP3 and the stuttering issue was resolved.

OP
S

stijn2k6

I had the same issue. The issue was that my SP3 was pushing out a higher resolution than my TV supported. I changed the resolution on my SP3 and the stuttering issue was resolved.
This worked! Thanks.

How about the pen, is there finally a fix to open desktop onenote instead of metro with the pen?