What's new

Surface Pro 3 Trade-in Program?

lets start the chatter about this. Haven't seen anything about this but if MS is reading...yes please! Take my SP2! It never worked right anyway!

godson594

hah yea just when you think the hurt from Microsoft couldn't get much worse - they drop this nice looking machine on us 6 months after releasing the SP2…
This combined with the fact they are selling a Kinectless Xbox One now has me just thrilled /sarcasm

macmee

I don't want one. It's not a tablet anymore, it's too damned big. What happened to the mini Surface.

Just been 3 months and now my SP2 is outdated , not liking it , there must be a trade in policy and please not only for the US but all over where surface are sold !

sashlon

What makes you think you're so special you're entitled to special treatment. Microsoft provided you with a product and you paid for it. If that product works as promised that is the end of the conversation. Entitlement is lame.

xramz

Technically the internal specs are the same on the SP3 for the same price as the SP2 (i5 256gig are around the same price)
So really the only thing that we're missing out on is the size (screen and thickness) and the pen
This is merely a SP2 in a new shell. So really the SP2 isn't outdated, it's just the smaller version of the SP3

But yes I would like a SP3 for the screen size as 10in is too small for my uni work

kevinlevrone

Not sure why anyone would think the SP2 is outdated. The i5 Suface Pro 3 has the same important internals (CPU, RAM, SSD) as the Pro 2. It's just a different form factor. Of course, it does have some improvements, it's 6 months newer.

For me unfortunately, it's just too big, I was expecting very small bezels.

sp3sp2.jpg

macmee

To the people above complaining, who the hell cares. The sp2 is better than the sp3. You might as well get an Asus zenbook instead of the sp3. At least you would be getting a high powered i7. Why would anyone want a 12 inch tablet. Honestly, it's not even portable and for that size its like an ultrabook without a keyboard lol.

GoodBytes

If you have the Surface Pro 2, it is not worth it upgrading to the Pro 3.
- The CPU is the same. (or Y series, as it apparently support connected standby, and I think only the Y series supports it, so it will be a slower CPU)
- The higher resolution means you'll need to use high-DPI settings, which means that most programs will appear blurry as they don't support high DPI. I expect the major programs to support high-DPI by the time the Pro 4 comes out, which is also means new Intel CPU.
- The pen looks like its N-Trig, while it is amazing where you don't need to calibrate it, it only support 256-pressure compared to 1024, and no programs supports it for pressure sensitivity tracking, beside Office, and Windows 8 Apps. Photoshop will support Windows 8 Ink APIs which will make it support. Oh, and you need a battery, and don't have the eraser feature, it's a side button I think.

The Pro 4 should be out soon, with the 5th generation CPU, I believe, or soon afterward.

Last edited: