What's new

Surface Pro 3 Wish List!

kozak79

I do not want access to the SSD or RAM. To make things smaller, the memory chips for an SSD or RAM and usually soldered to the Motherboard to save space. I'd rather have a smaller lighter device than to have access to those things.

I just want it thinner and lighter, and an optional Nvidia Geforce 735 Graphics (or 835 if it's out by then) variant.

thinner, lighter, the current screen size is fine for me, internal pen storage similiar to the samsung note, third kickstand position further reclined or infinite adjustable kickstand, more ram etc, shrink the price difference between storage capacities, additional usb port etc etc

Guybrush

If I could buy a surface 3 (and I can't) would like it lighter, less visible scratches (so different finitures), maybe another USB 3, at same price Office Home Student included or a keyboard to choose... But the thing I want more is too see it bug free!! I don't need 3G/LTE, I don't think I need more performance of CPU and Graphics (more is always welcome) but my hope is to see fixed bugs of my device.. think Microsoft can and should work a lot on his OS.... let's see with the next updates...

GoodBytes

In many cases, it is impossible to make a program bug free.
Why? Because on a complex programs, you can have multiple billion paths to take to test every features. Remember that sometimes each feature on it's own works above and beyond, but because you did something before, it might break. Testing all possibilities. Even if it take 0.5sec to test all path, it can take multiple years before testing everything.

Honestly, I never used a system that was bug free, even in the 2000$ business class range. All I can say, is that at least Microsoft is on it. Other OEMs tend to not care if it doesn't affect sales of the product.

Guybrush

sure that's why exists patches and updates, but for bug free I meant serious problems I got with my surface, as the battery drain.. or when the tablet sometimes seems doesn't want to turn on... and so on... that's is very frustrating.. another thing I'd love in a surface pro 3 is a simple indicator that tell me when the tablet is going in ON mode or it's still off... because sometimes mine seem get crazy and It's difficult understand his state and I've to force boot using volume keys.

OP
S

skellington

Yeah there is a big difference between "totally bug free" and "lots of bugs hitting you in the face all the time"... One is impossible, the other just takes resources (which MS has).

I like Guybrush's idea of having an indicator light to at least show when the machine is sleeping (off and hibernate could be assumed when the indicator light is off). Maybe we wouldn't want/need a light if there weren't so many sleep bugs, but there you go...

drolem

another thing I'd love in a surface pro 3 is a simple indicator that tell me when the tablet is going in ON mode or it's still off... because sometimes mine seem get crazy and It's difficult understand his state and I've to force boot using volume keys.
Yeah, a small, multicolor LED next to the power button would be nice.

drolem

-- Magnetic sensing of cover in closed position instead of the unreliable accelerometer
-- 4G LTE support
I believe both SP1 and SP2 have a Hall sensor and a magnet in the covers.
4G LTE is for the Nokia tablets. Many (most?) people don't need LTE, so MS would need to add a model with 4G LTE. Not particularly likely, but not impossible either.

wditters

Many (most?) people don't need LTE, so MS would need to add a model with 4G LTE. Not particularly likely, but not impossible either.

I would agree. I tend to work in multiple flex environments, so my kit needs to be optimized for traveling and working remotely. Having said that, my principle remote use is email, office communicator and voice-over-IP Telco. 3G is sufficient for that. 4G/LTE would be nice to have, but not a necessity .. that would be different if dataplans would become so cheap that video/audio/multimedia on demand consumption would become feasible via mobile dataplans, but with the current pricing I do not see that coming anytime soon.

Guybrush

Personally I don't need 4G/LTE module... WiFi is almost Everywhere and I always have my Lumia with me... Just need to tap to share his connection and the game is done... I don't need two sim cards, don't need two contracts and I'm to lazy for jump the sim cards between the two devices... and maybe a 4G/LTE module just make grow the price..
Maybe more useful in a Surface Pro 3 the standard 802.11ac.

SEANT

3G, 4G/LTE, expensive data plans aside - the Surface 3's should at least have GPS. There are too many professional/personal endeavors that would find that indispensable.