What's new

Surface pro 4 hot !

Salvo

I have surface pro 4 from yesterday and i am little happy for this choice.
The problem is when surface often becomes hot also when i close it and i put it into bag.

Have you a config or explanation of this problem?
I need solution or i will return back the surface because when it is hot I can't use it as tablet.

Inviato dall'Aldila

OP
S

Salvo

MMh i have
chrome (But i disabled the startup chrome)
AVG free
4 only games that i think be 64bit : wow, heroes of the storm, starcraftII and diablo3
No torrent

What can be ?
I looked for your search link but i read some topic and no asnwer or they are problems for surface pro 3

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
MMh i have
chrome (But i disabled the startup chrome)
AVG free
4 only games that i think be 64bit : wow, heroes of the storm, starcraftII and diablo3
No torrent

What can be ?
I looked for your search link but i read some topic and no asnwer or they are problems for surface pro 3
Have you applied all updates? What you are describing happened at release but has been rare since the latest rounds of updates....also AVG could be the issue, but I know others that are using it without issue.

OP
S

Salvo

I checked updated but windows tell me that the surface doesn't need updates.

I checked Update History and i found All Intel drivers (540, the IO I2C, 100 seires chipset, System agregator firmware, Intel control logic, Mic. camera Rear and Front) with messagge "intallation failed".

How can i check if them need update or was updated in last microsft package?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I checked updated but windows tell me that the surface doesn't need updates.

I checked Update History and i found All Intel drivers (540, the IO I2C, 100 seires chipset, System agregator firmware, Intel control logic, Mic. camera Rear and Front) with messagge "intallation failed".

How can i check if them need update or was updated in last microsft package?
You can install them manually or perhaps its time to factory reset the device and update again....

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I downloaded and installed msi package from this site Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center but inwindows update i don't find the upgrade.

How can i factory reset without lost files? (I installed the games, the dropbox/Gdrive and onedrive profile, Lightroom and photoshop)

At last I decided to factory reset with saved files (first option)
If you installed them manually it should install any updates...

But now I also see you added additional programs that potentially prevent Connected Standby (Dropbox and Google Dive), are these the Win32 Clients or the Mobile Apps?